Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening All

Just wondering if anyone who has purchased the above models has fitted a chrome trim over the black plastic running along the centre of the radiator grille. Personally I think the middle chrome addition on the SELs and R-Lines look stunning and make the car stand out, and just wondered if anyone has went out their way to do it yet. I don't get my car I think for a few weeks (in transit), so I may ask the dealer.

If anyone has done this would love to hear from you. If not I'll let anyone else interested know how I get on in my research. Im sure it's easy enough to do... I hope :D

·
Registered
446 Posts
Thinking the same! It really does finish the front off; I think the whole grill will be different rather than a clip-on chrome strip though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My SE Nav arrives on Friday and i have exactly the same feeling. The extra line really does conplete the grill. I also wanted to find out the best and cheapest way to get it fitted

·
Registered
953 Posts
I should get a price first, price of plastic VAG bits is more than gold

·
Registered
446 Posts
If you get it, post the part number for future reference :idea:

But I also think the LED headlights transform the frontend too on the SEL as they form a lot of the front end styling coherence, carrying the chrome strips of the grill across the car. You can see the difference here;

It's a shame the standard halogen don't extend the front end styling in the same way. Also notice the top chrome bar is much heavier on the SEL / Rline,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
c_w said:
If you get it, post the part number for future reference :idea:

But I also think the LED headlights transform the frontend too on the SEL as they form a lot of the front end styling coherence, carrying the chrome strips of the grill across the car. You can see the difference here;

It's a shame the standard halogen don't extend the front end styling in the same way. Also notice the top chrome bar is much heavier on the SEL / Rline,
Totally agree c_w - i missed the heavy chrome trim above the lights. Maybe you're right on a complete replacement, still it might look ok, only way to know is find out. Sent an email to the dealer to see what options they could provide. I guess the extra detailing comes from the factory if you choose led lights

·
Registered
446 Posts
Just to update this thread, I managed to source one of these grills from TPS. Cost was £106.00 inc vat (although I had been quoted £133 the week before by someone different, so prices may vary!!). Not too bad considering the different it makes (and the fact there is a seller on ebay selling a 2nd hand one for £185.00 :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Apparently they were showing only 1 available in the UK.

Part No. 5NA-853-651-G ZLL . The G denotes the three chrome strips / SEL grill.

I believe the part number has a K (instead of G) for the R-Line grill which would either come with an added space for the R-Line badge to be fitted or have the R-Line badge fitted.

·
Registered
63 Posts
At my recent service, my dealer also replaced a misted up drivers side headlight unit, to do this, they had to remove the grille. This holds the ACC radar if you have it fitted, and it will need set up again, it took my dealer some extra time to do this, so please be aware that it might not be a simple change!

·
Registered
610 Posts
I believe there are chrome wrap companys out there now as well?????

·
Registered
446 Posts
paperman said:
At my recent service, my dealer also replaced a misted up drivers side headlight unit, to do this, they had to remove the grille. This holds the ACC radar if you have it fitted, and it will need set up again, it took my dealer some extra time to do this, so please be aware that it might not be a simple change!
Good to know I will look out for any sensors on the grill! One good thing is that it appears to just remove without taking the bumper off (I hope!!).

·
Registered
446 Posts
Do you mean will it fit an SE Nav? Yes will fit that as the base grill is the same (the part number for that is in the moulding 5NA-853-651 for all the grills) but for the SEL 3 chrome type and R-Line they have a part number as a sticker on them which superceeds the original moulding number.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am just resurrecting this post to see if anyone has completed this mod yet? it does make a big difference imo.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have added Crome to centre of SE grill. Also added surrounds to fog lights. All sourced via eBay. Grill was stainless steel while lower surrounds are mounded plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Front grill looks great, I bought an OE one from an SEL for mine, really makes it look better.

The low Chrome grills look rubbish/tacky to me (sorry!).

1 - 20 of 66 Posts