Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning,

I m looking for someone to assist me with re-coding the infotainment system on a 2019 Tiguan from North America to Europe? I have been InTouch with a local dealer, they said they could not assist.
I have the new maps but the system is set for north America.
Any help would be appreciatted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Good morning,

I m looking for someone to assist me with re-coding the infotainment system on a 2019 Tiguan from North America to Europe? I have been InTouch with a local dealer, they said they could not assist.
I have the new maps but the system is set for north America.
Any help would be appreciatted.
Good luck. I am having the same problem to change from UK to South Africa. Volkswagen workshops are not at all helpful. I am thinking that having spent £47k on a car the answer would be to buy a Sat nav and use that🤬

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck. I am having the same problem to change from UK to South Africa. Volkswagen workshops are not at all helpful. I am thinking that having spent £47k on a car the answer would be to buy a Sat nav and use that🤬
I have found a place in Birmingham that said they can do it so let’s see where is SA are you?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi David, wow, how amazing. am still in the UK waiting for my car documents from the almighty efficient DVLA 🤬🤬 where so far I have been waiting for 9 weeks despite them saying it takes between 4 - 6 weeks. They are so full of it. I am going to live in Cape Town and I am in Newton Abbott at the moment.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My Tomtom is so much better in all aspects (routing, traffic, ease of updating, ease of finding a destination or point of interest etc) than the inbuilt satnav that personally I wouldn't bother wasting time trying to update the one in the car!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Tomtom is so much better in all aspects (routing, traffic, ease of updating, ease of finding a destination or point of interest etc) than the inbuilt satnav that personally I wouldn't bother wasting time trying to update the one in the car!
The Sat Nav in the 2021 Tiguan Elegance is a TomTom. I Have two TomToms already but it irks me to have to use a free standing navigator when the car has a built in TomTom already. However if I cannot get it done then I guess that will have to be the solution. Thanks Archie.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts