Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SE Nav and am finding it really annoying that I can't start keying a postcode straight in - you have to start the nav, go into destinations and then select an option to bring up the postcode entry. Not only that, you don't have numbers and letters all on one screen!

My 2013 CC sat was much more efficient at doing these things - anyone found a shortcut so you can get straight into the postcode entry screen?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeah I find this quite annoying also , prob easier using Google maps through your smart phone

·
Registered
81 Posts
Don't you have to then make your phone a personal hotspot to enable carnet to work?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was reading up on CarNet from the manual yesterday. It seems you need a "CarStick" or use the phone as a hotspot, or at least have the car within distance of your home wifi. Not had chance to really play with it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Please delete

·
Registered
463 Posts
You can enter by postcode if you select "Search" on the screen. It gives option of address or postcode. It comes up with this screen after whenever selecting destination.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I don't see the process as much different from entering a postcode on my TomTom. This has to go through several screens, and numbers is a separate input to letters.

Can anyone give examples of a car that has a direct one touch postcode entry system?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Once youve selected destination, search, it comes up with this screen whenever subsequently you enter destination its easy then to enter a postcode. Not a problem for me.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hello Tricky - the old Merc satnav had post code as a 1st level option and the input screen had letters and numbers; so it was not the faff that the VW system is.

To be fair both VW and Merc buy their satnav from another company and VW appear to have selected a very Germanic/USA (number only) system.

I have a wingle in the car but have yet to achieve POI transfer - with good results but thats next months project.

·
Registered
463 Posts
giger said:
I have a SE Nav and am finding it really annoying that I can't start keying a postcode straight in - you have to start the nav, go into destinations and then select an option to bring up the postcode entry. Not only that, you don't have numbers and letters all on one screen!

My 2013 CC sat was much more efficient at doing these things - anyone found a shortcut so you can get straight into the postcode entry screen?
If I select the search screen numbers and letters are there on same screen and you can enter a postcode.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The problem I am finding is that I put the postcode in but then it does not give me the option to enter street and house number after the postcode entry like I could do on my my 1 Tiguan. I preferred the old sat nav in my old Tiguan it was much easier and more user friendly! All I am able to do is enter the postcode and then I have to press start. I want the option of then being able to choose street and house number.
Unless I am doing something wrong which is quite possible!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts