Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope I am not being really stupid but---- I cant find a way to enter a post code into the car sat nav, only allows street names etc. Had the mk2 Tiguan since November and have not really done much with navigation but with several trips ahead I starting planning routes to find no way of putting in post codes.... Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Steve there was another post were some one on here did answer that question some thing like having to press the touch screen in the bottom left or right corner, sorry can't be more helpful :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have noticed that for some reason on the Tiguan I need to put a space in between the two oarts of the post code which is strange, on my golf you could just type through

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to GTD184, here is the solution to my sat nav Post code question and assistance to anyone else having the same problem.

"Taken from another VW resource........"When searching through the 'City' field in 'New destination you'll find an icon in the lower left hand corner, abbreviated to "Ptcd" where you can enter the full postcode."

Thanks GTD184

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry to jump on this thread but its the same topic (Sat Nav Issue)

On the Discover Media (GEN 2) infotainment system supplied with SE NAV models when you are entering a destination you get the option of three routes.

Economical, Fastest and shortest.

However the nav seems to be not offering the fastest route? just the same economical route.

I had looked at the menu and user manual and options are selected for three alternative routes, motorways and fastest route is selected.

I had a SEAT LEON with a similar SAT NAV so I am surprise is not offering the same?

Anyone else had this issue and knows if there is a fix? Could the "LEARN ROUTE" be an the problem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.