Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the Discover Care programme or downloaded from the URL below which allows you to update the maps on the Sat Nav?

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/-/-/-/View-Promo?&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light&Page=VW_Europe_Media_MIB2

The VW website (http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/navigation-and-entertainment-systems/discover-nav-pro) says this:

Updated Map packs are usually made available during the periods May/June and November/December each year.

So I guess that an update is imminent but not sure how to tell what update my Tig has got. Im sure it has the May 2016 update. It seems that is the only way to update the maps is via this method. However, I wonder if there is any other software you have to update on the Sat Nav.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just as an update to my post, the map website looks a bit dodgy although it is the link that the official VW website points to!

G

·
I used it last night, Discovercare didn't recognise my V4 maps SD card so I downloaded the 13Gb link and unpacked straight to the SD card. After that the Discovercare app recognised the card and said I was up to date (May map). I agree the links look a little Russian like but it's all safe.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Welshkaiboy did you use a brand new ad card or just one out of the car? From what I read some where I thought we had to use a new card and down load the whole thing then change over the cards !!! Cheers ftt

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Hi FTT, you can only use the VW approved SD card for the map data as explained in the download instructions.
"Please note:
Because the navigation data are stored on the SD card meaning it has to stay in the vehicle, the card is subject to extreme environmental conditions. In order to ensure that the navigation system keeps functioning correctly, your Discover Media will only accept Volkswagen-approved SD cards. If your original card is lost or damaged, you can obtain a replacement from your local Volkswagen service partner."

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts