Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be doing something wrong but it does seem like the standard SatNav can't deal with full postcodes :eek:

I've never been a big fan of inbuilt satnav systems as, apart from tidy installation, I find stand alone Garmin/TomTom units more versatile, but if the VW system can't even match the ease of destination entry of 75 quid satnav unit, I am astounded. Not to mention a little disappointed. :(

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Weirdfish said:
I may be doing something wrong but it does seem like the standard SatNav can't deal with full postcodes :eek:

I've never been a big fan of inbuilt satnav systems as, apart from tidy installation, I find stand alone Garmin/TomTom units more versatile, but if the VW system can't even match the ease of destination entry of 75 quid satnav unit, I am astounded. Not to mention a little disappointed. :(
Hmmm ....hopefully you're doing something wrong & getting to know it a bit more will be ok :idea: :lol:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm pretty sure I've used full postcodes, what did you find didn't work?

Used to google search for the first time recently and that worked surprisingly well... Will double check in the morning re postcodes

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, now I'm back to being disappointed. I'm away in Oxfordshire this weekend and all three locations I've needed are unknown to the postcode input beyond the first four characters, and even the road names are sketchy. :roll:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.