Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So thanks to some little reprobate introducing a scooter to the side of my Tiggy I was left with a nice black rubber scuff mark down the rear drivers side door. I removed the scuff mark and hey presto a nice scratch underneath.I tried some T-Cut in the hope it may help and to be fair it has reduced it so much as you can't see it to look straight on at the door. Does anybody have any tips on buffing it out?

P.S The cctv will be getting introduced to the parents of said reprobate who are quite happy to let him 'play out' unsupervised at 5 - maybe I'm just a responsible parent!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi JRSTIGSEL,

Sorry to hear of the damage to your car. I am no expert but would suggest that as you have T-Cut the area you will now need to clay bar the area to lift out any fine debris and then wax the area with a good wax, hopefully the application of a wax will improve the area.

Personally I would take the car to a body work repair shop for advice and if you deem necessary have the professionals carry out the repair and present the bill to the child parents.

·
Registered
463 Posts
If the scratch is only in the laquer top coat you may be able to T cut it out but beware as its easy to go through to the base (colour) coat. If its gone down through the base coat its a repaint.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I agree with DeT
I would take it to a body shop.
we had more than once slight scratches on our Nissan QQ.
I took it to a body shop...they were the approved body shop for Aston Martin and Daimler though :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
I agree with DeT
I would take it to a body shop.
we had more than once slight scratches on our Nissan QQ.
I took it to a body shop...they were the approved body shop for Aston Martin and Daimler though :D
If its only slight now, I would think they wouldnt charge very much.

·
Registered
463 Posts
A body shop may want to spray the whole panel. One of these "Chips Away" guys may be able to blend the scratched area. You pays your money .....................

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DeT said:
Hi JRSTIGSEL,

Sorry to hear of the damage to your car. I am no expert but would suggest that as you have T-Cut the area you will now need to clay bar the area to lift out any fine debris and then wax the area with a good wax, hopefully the application of a wax will improve the area.

Personally I would take the car to a body work repair shop for advice and if you deem necessary have the professionals carry out the repair and present the bill to the child parents.
Cheers DeT, fortunately I have a clay bar kit so I'll give that a try and also try Beagler's suggestion with the T-Cut ever so gently, failing that it's in at tge VW garage next week for various things, I'll have a word with my friend there, I'm sure a few 🍻 will do the trick.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've also spotted a few scratches on mine on the rear panels near the boot lid on both side. Not sure if it's happened since I've had it or if I just hadn't noticed it before, but I picked them up when cleaning the car last weekend. They're very weird scratches - almost look like it's been reversed into a bush on each side or something... not something I remember doing! Will try a bit of T-Cut and buff/wax the area.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lordjik said:
I've also spotted a few scratches on mine on the rear panels near the boot lid on both side. Not sure if it's happened since I've had it or if I just hadn't noticed it before, but I picked them up when cleaning the car last weekend. They're very weird scratches - almost look like it's been reversed into a bush on each side or something... not something I remember doing! Will try a bit of T-Cut and buff/wax the area.
Hi Lordjik, I've managed to buff my scratch out-I can highly recommend Autoglym Paint Renovator-do exactly as it says on the bottle and I'm sure it will work. Mine was a rather deep scratch and it's pretty much covered it in-make sure you put some polish over afterwards though. Regards, Jonathan

·
Registered
30 Posts
JRSTIGSEL said:
Lordjik said:
Hi Lordjik, I've managed to buff my scratch out-I can highly recommend Autoglym Paint Renovator-do exactly as it says on the bottle and I'm sure it will work. Mine was a rather deep scratch and it's pretty much covered it in-make sure you put some polish over afterwards though. Regards, Jonathan
Thanks for the tip - will check it out :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts