Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The SD cards in my Tiguan (I have two available SD card slots in Discover Pro) only "see"the first 1,000 tracks (well, 1,000 on the SD card 1 and 1,002 on SD card 2). When I put the SD cards in my PC it shows all tracks so I know they are all there, but the Tiguan only shows (and plays) the very first 1,000. I have tried different SD cards, different SD/USB reader, different vehicles at the dealers even! But every time, only first 1,000 tracks showing. Can anyone help? It's driving me insane because I love my music!!!!

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
Hi Edie and welcome. A quick look through the Infotainment manual shows the following information which tends to support the fact that the Discover Media is limited to 1000 tracks, but the Discover Media Pro (with it's hard drive) can support 30,000. Are you sure that you actually have the Discover Pro?, and if you do, why are you not storing the audio files on the Pro's hard drive?

Edit: I've just read that manual section again, and I'm a bit confused because it looks like the Discover Pro could also be limited to 1000 files, and in actual fact, it's possible the "usb" data storage that can handle 30,000. Maybe someone else who has a Discover Pro can give some more help.

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
To me the manual reads that the Pro supports up to a maximum of 1,000 items (folders, playlists and audio files) in the root and/or a folder on the SD Card. The built in hard drive storage in the Pro supports up to 30,000 audio files.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
NZ_TigR said:
To me the manual reads that the Pro supports up to a maximum of 1,000 items (folders, playlists and audio files) in the root and/or a folder on the SD Card. The built in hard drive storage in the Pro supports up to 30,000 audio files.
Yeah! That's how I read it second time around ;)

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts