Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'm the only one who drives my tiggy except once in a blue moon the wife, I didn't find it necessary to have electric or memory seat in the car as both me and the wife use the same seat position even though she is shorter than me!
So why is it that every time you take your car in to any garage for service, mot or any other reason you always end up with you seat a few inches away from the steering wheel, and in a lot of cases the hight and even the lumber support adjusted, for god sake they are only driving the car a few yards into the garage, when I picked my car up yesterday the spot were they had parked the car was tight, if the seat had been in its normal position there would have been no problem getting in but the seat was that far forward I had trouble getting to the leaver to readjust the seat
Come on mechanics and service staff stop adjusting my frigin seat,

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I second that, they may take it for a road test, but certainly they do NOT need to set it up just for them. On one occasion this included dropping the seat right to the floor, right back, and back so far upright it was nearly leaning forward. Was he trying it out on a race track???

At least in the last few services there's been minimal adjustment on our cars.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Not sure, maybe they just move it back as it's easier to get in and out.

I also wonder how all the trainee mechanics/tyre fitters cope with the increase in autos where they can no longer constantly feather the throttle (wap, wap, wap) whilst slipping the clutch unnecessarily to move the car at 5mph into the garage. Anyone else find they ALL do this? :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
This made me smile! I have a mini checklist of things to check when it goes into the garage

Seat position (usually slid right back and I am only 5 7)
Auto Headlights - always switched off after a service
Child Seats - Have to check these are still in correctly as they once undid the seat-belt part on a service

fortunately they don't go crazy adjusting lumbar, rake etc.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Really.

Why should a mechanic not adjust the seat and mirrors etc when driving your car, its the 1st principle of the Highway Code

its for their safety, other people's safety.
I'm sure if the crashed your vehicle or injured someone because they were too lazy to adjust the seat or mirrors you would not be happy.

for all the few seconds it takes you to adjust it back to your preferred position, is it really worth moaning about

·
Registered
463 Posts
They probably test drive it after not just drive it into garage.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Often they do test drive it. Also, it helps they to not rub their dirty overalls on the bottom of the steering wheel. They just slide the seat back, jump out and then grab the seat protector they were sitting on

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
steve_t said:
Often they do test drive it. Also, it helps they to not rub their dirty overalls on the bottom of the steering wheel. They just slide the seat back, jump out and then grab the seat protector they were sitting on
I find it's not the seats put back it's as far forward as it will go, I think they must have legs about 6" long, or are they looking for loss change under the seat??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts