Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only picked up the car on Tuesday and just noticed what appears to be the stitching coming apart, this is only on the drivers side but enough to poke a finger down, this is surely not right ? I have sent the pictures to my dealer so will be interested to see what their take is.
Apart from that the car is a dream ! View attachment 1168 View attachment 1168 View attachment 595 View attachment 595

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi Peterg, this is most definitely not right (I assume yours is an SEL by the looks of the seat fabric?). The front drivers seat on my SEL looks nothing like that, I would insist that your dealer rectifies and preferably replaces ASAP as I'm sure you will not be happy-I know I wouldn't be. Don't let them fob you off by saying that is normal-that definitely looks like some horrendous stitching on the manufacturers part.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is the SEL, The dealers have got back to me and I will book it in on Monday.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Mine is similar. This is because the front part of the seat can extend out if you. If it's stitched up then the adjustment can't go forward/back. There is a small release bar under the front lip of the seat. It's one of the many adjustments in the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
peterg said:
Yes, it is the SEL, The dealers have got back to me and I will book it in on Monday.
Good luck, I appreciate what Bhuna is saying, however I would have to question why it looks like there is a hole where the seat extension is. Even when my seat is extended out or retracted it doesn't look like that I can assure you. Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will do !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Andy, is it possible for you to take some photos of your seat to compare with mine ? This will be very useful when I go to the dealers,
Many thanks,
Peter

·
Registered
135 Posts
peterg said:
Andy, is it possible for you to take some photos of your seat to compare with mine ? This will be very useful when I go to the dealers,
Many thanks,
Peter
Peterg, how do you attach photos and I'll post some?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andy the attachment button is next to the post reply, as long as the photos are on the device you are posting from they can be sent.
Regards
Peter

·
Registered
56 Posts
This Is exactly the same on my SEL, it's as Bhuna says, it's for the extending front seat - if you extend it out you can then tuck it back in when you un-extend it. Don't think it's worth a trip to the dealers....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well gentlemen I have now located the said handle that pulls out to extend the fron section of the seat, I can only imagine that I have moved it thinking it was the handle to move the whole seat forwards or backwards on the rails, when returned to the close position the gap is reduced but regardless that the stitching may not have seperated its still to my mind unsightly and arguably an unnecessary feature, I will have a look at several more SEL'S to decide if mine is any worse before I take it any further.
Many thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, it demonstrates the value each of us have to help others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts