Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi decided on a petrol sel question a friend of ours has the same car the car computer says it averages 39 mpg any guidance on how accurate
this is would be appreciated, we have just been on holiday in our golf GT dsg 2.0 litre diesel full tank to full tank did 522 miles average mpg was 46
just checked the car computer and it says 46.5 so it seems accurate surprised me I must say .

Only do 4.5 to 5 k miles per year so petrol seems the way to go

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Jimbo

Only had mine a little over two weeks and 600 miles so far. The figures seem about right but depends on several things. When I'm poodling about town I get about low to mid 20s. Mixed A and B roads low to mid 30s. Add a bit of motorway and I managed low 40s. Sticking to the speed limits and driving fairly steadily until it's run in. Have a fairly long run up to North Yorkshire in September and be interested to see what I can manage on that run. I only do about 8,000 a year so happy with those figures.

My previous motor was the 1.4 140 PS Golf DSG and on a run from St Ives for a laugh to pass the time I set out to see what MPG I could squeeze out while the wife counted caravans. Set the ACC to 60 as mostly dual carriageway and motorway all the way home and I hit just over 65 MPG when I came off the M50. Wife managed just over 450 caravans. Oh what fun we had.

:p

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've done just over 1700 miles and checked every fill up so far and I'm seeing the car readings are within 1mpg of actual.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm seeing similar. Does about the same mpg as my previous Q5 TDI.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts