Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those SEL owners - do you have any feedback on the (cloth) interior as I have not seen I t personally nor have I seen any decent photographs?

I happen to really like the SE/Nav cloth interior pattern and I would have been quite happy with that in an SEL so I would appreciate the feedback (or photos)

Similarly, I am thinking about Leather - any feedback? Is it worth the extra expense?

Thanks again

·
Registered
485 Posts
The cloth interior on the SEL I had my test drive in looked fine, but I struggled to make the adjustments comfortable. I elected to go for the leather more so I could have the seat position memory in case someone adjusted it, and to provide the lumbar support.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well I opted for the standard Lounge cloth because I was under the impression from a YouTube review video that it was "faux leather" and I didn't want to pay £1600 for plastic seats! The "Artico" seats I had in my Mercedes felt awful in hot humid weather.

However I believe it is actually genuine leather as an option

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And what's the cloth like? Attractive? Hard wearing ? Like to show or hide marks? Etc. Thanks

I thought the optional leather was proper leather! I quite like the orange leather option although i don't think my wife would but saying that it would make a change for the usual black leather

·
Registered
25 Posts
It's like a soft form of alcantara suede. It looks hard wearing and comfortable.

But I can imagine it will show marks easily and get shiny with age 🤔

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hi Breezer,originally I ordered the cloth as I was told by the salesperson that he did'nt think memory was included.... so I asked someone I know pesonally who works for them to look into it for me ie VW UK. I was then informed the salesperson had made a mistake and the 'leather' (not faux leather) did include the memory 3 ways and also includes door mirrors, personal set up in the main menu ie radio station, heating, phone & other settings. Well that then was a no-brainer for me, as my wife is taller than me, and we share the car. If it was just leather & no functions I don't think I would of bothered at the extra price. Oh forgot to add ....they are also heated the two front seats, which we both really like. So yes very glad I went for the memory leather.....smells lovely also ;) ;) :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
239 Posts
I find leather easier to keep clean and I have also noticed the interior does not get as dusty as it does in my wifes car which has cloth seats.

Also recently discovered as I was the passenger for the first time that the passenger seat has memory function as well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Got the leather for the memory function and easy cleaning. Been working like a charm so far. Really enjoy the elctric operation and the added adjustments for lumbar and the seat itself.

Can also confirm less dust in the car compared to cloth seats.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
DeT said:
I find leather easier to keep clean and I have also noticed the interior does not get as dusty as it does in my wifes car which has cloth seats.

Also recently discovered as I was the passenger for the first time that the passenger seat has memory function as well.
:eek: :eek: :eek: Well another difference between the European countries.......In UK it is only the drivers seat with memory, not passengers :roll :roll: :x :x :x

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So just to be clear - if you order leather you get electric driver (for U.K.) only that is presumably linked to remote control so that is auto adjusts (including mirrors location , radio station ) when you unlock the car? And that the driver seat is actually electric right (with leather) ?

Incidentally do the mirrors and radio station adjust (according to the remote key fob I presume) with a regular (non leather) SEL?

·
Registered
97 Posts
In Sweden you can choose leather with only drive side memory, or more expensive with both. However as Executive package plus, leather seats with both memories are cheeper than the stand alone. SO if you want the executive package and memory seats, it is better to get the Executive plus like i did.

·
Registered
261 Posts
View attachment 553

With the SEL you may get a baggie seat as with leather, the dealer view is its the material and its natural nature, no we won't change it as it will just happen again, the moto being the more you pay for the car the less likely the material will keep its shape.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts