Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

SEL model usb points

11K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  fred_be9300 
#1 ·
hi recently ordered my tiguan in white sel model and have been asked if it has a usb in the back passenger area and I don't know :roll: could anyone tell me if it has or not I cant even see it on the vehicle as standard list ...thanks in advance

#3 ·
Same here, just the one USB in the cubby hole below the infotainment system.

I did see a photo somewhere of USB port on rear of arm rest. Maybe on R Line or in another country.

#4 ·
This has been discussed a few times previously. I think it was planned to have one in rear as was in brochure but doesn't seem to have happened. There is a 12v outlet in rear so able to plug in recharger to that.

#5 ·
Hi tfh935,

Not sure if it is an available option in the UK, over here you can for an additional 40 euro option have additional usb ports. 1 near the 12v socket next to the climate controls for the rear passengers and an additional usb port under the infotainment system. But only the front usb port nearest the driver can be used for App Connect the others are only usb ports for charging.

If it is not on your options list I would still ask the dealer if it is possible have this option as I am sure it can not be an issue to have them fitted at the factory.

#6 ·
Update for anyone interested; it is an option for UK models.

It's a free option at that; it'll add another USB down the front and one in the rear.

All three work with CarPlay which is nice. If ordering; the dealer can find the part under "wireless charging" - you don't need wireless charging though; the option for added USB's is under there.

And yep; it's free!

#7 ·
Wow... Did not know about that... Will contact dealer in the morning before mine goes into production... Thanks.

#8 ·
I have 2 x in the front and there is one in the back behind the centre arm rest. Not used it but I assume it's just for charging.

#9 ·
CountryKerry said:

It's a free option at that; it'll add another USB down the front and one in the rear.

All three work with CarPlay which is nice. If ordering; the dealer can find the part under "wireless charging" - you don't need wireless charging though; the option for added USB's is under there.

And yep; it's free!
I have just spoke to VW UK and my local dealer and they have said this is incorrect. You cannot add any more USB ports that is already been specified in the brochure.

#10 ·
Browny said:
CountryKerry said:

And yep; it's free!
I have just spoke to VW UK and my local dealer and they have said this is incorrect. You cannot add any more USB ports that is already been specified in the brochure.
If people are only getting one USB port then that contradicts the brochure as the picture included shows 2 USB ports in the front cubby under the heating controls.... prior to reading your post I sent an email to my dealer asking about the extra USB's, it will be interesting to see I am told the same as you Browny...

Plant Car Vehicle Gear shift Light

Attachments

#13 ·
Browny said:
The brochure says you get 2 USB ports... You just cannot add any more i.e the rear.
Ahh okay... Maybe the people who are saying you only got 1 USB got their cars before the change.... I couldn't find anything in the brochure saying there were 2, must have missed it....

#14 ·
AlanC said:
Browny said:
The brochure says you get 2 USB ports... You just cannot add any more i.e the rear.
Ahh okay... Maybe the people who are saying you only got 1 USB got their cars before the change.... I couldn't find anything in the brochure saying there were 2, must have missed it....

Attachments

#15 ·
lol.... why thank you.... wish I hadn't sent the earlier email to my dealer now lol... 2 is perfect for me thanks Browny...

#16 ·
There is a usb port in the back of mine but it is just for charging from what i can work out.I've just stuck my iPod in and it charges.Its on the back of the centre arm rest where the climate control and 12 volt are. On the infotainment system there only seems to be usb1 and usb2 which are the two in the front.

#18 ·
My SEL is free of options and has 3 USB ports. 2 in the centre console, 1 in the rear with the climate controls.

The front 2 support CarPlay, not tried using the rear one yet.

My car was built Dec 17 so was model year 2018.5 so would guess any that are ordered at the moment would be the same, it may change when/if the update to a 2019 model.

#19 ·
nathan_y said:
My SEL is free of options and has 3 USB ports. 2 in the centre console, 1 in the rear with the climate controls.

The front 2 support CarPlay, not tried using the rear one yet.

My car was built Dec 17 so was model year 2018.5 so would guess any that are ordered at the moment would be the same, it may change when/if the update to a 2019 model.
Mine is the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.