Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying one of these for 4 years cover for my new R line - Does anyone have any experience of using this service ?

Main reason is the cost of the R line tyres that are going to sit at the four corners of my new new car - £200 a throw,,,,,and by my reckoning it will need all four replacing before the plan runs out in 4 years time...

http://www.vwfsaftersales.co.uk/ourplans#0%7CTiguan%2F0%7C0%2F1%7C1%2F0%7C0%2F0%7C0%2F2%7C2%2F0%7C10000%2F0%7C0%2F1%7C1%2F

I have had a quick search trying to find the eqivalent from a non VW company but nothing stands out......

Any comments appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
151 Posts
interesting. I had never heard of this plan and wasn't offered it only dealer plans that didn't cover tyres. I can't imagine they lose money on it though. Have you been given a quote the website only seems to give a range and certainly the top end would be more than twice the cost of four tyres...

·
Registered
202 Posts
following the link

based on that link above....

Upfront Price
Cover for 4 years (10000 miles p.a.), your payment will range from £1337.76 to £1784.64 inc VAT -

wow, i may have been out of the uk for a long time...given the vairiable services these days, isnt that quite a lot? or am i just totally not with reality?

Jon

·
Registered
41 Posts
I wasn't aware of this either, challenge for me is how varied my mileage can be!

On the costs did, I was surprised that VW don't offer an all inclusive service plan similar to that of BMW, Land Rover etc. It normally is more cost effective but they didn't offer anything as I was told, I guess this is as close as it gets!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I am on a 3 year service plan, which they offered me....But I'm pretty sure it is not the one including tyres & breakdown.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to try and work out the individual cost here and produce an itemised bill of what you will get for your 4 years.
I know I can get an all included breakdown cover for £65 a year (so in theory thats £260 on its own) -
or do we get a years breakdown when we buy a new car ?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
A 'one year' breakdown cover (RAC)....I believe, if same as Audi :(

·
Registered
169 Posts
Be very careful regarding the tyre insurance as make sure you read the small print .
Think they only change the tyres when they are only down to the bare 1.7mm minimum plus there are so many limitations on the ones I have seen .
I think if you get a puncture in the sidewall then the insurance doesn't cover it .
Don't like my tyres to get that low ,never let them get much below 3mm as that's when you seriously notice the difference especially in the wet ie braking and traction issues .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts