Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has just ordered a 2.0 tdi for Sept delivery and was wondering whether to take out the servicing plan or not?

At £288 for the first two services if she takes out the plan, how does this compare with not taking it out and paying the cost at each service, at a VW dealer? Can't really find an info on the cost.

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm interested in this too as we are about to embark on a 2 year lease on a 1.4 TSI 150 R-Line.

Do you think it will need a service within that period, based on 10k miles pa?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
If I remember correctly from an earlier thread, an oil only service (first service) is £160 at a VW dealer. The second service is a bit more involved so a cost of £288 for both appears to be good value.
Service intervals are generally 1 year and I'm not sure if it's 10 or 12 thousand miles.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I always get my VW set to for long life servicing. On average my first service is usually at around 16000 as I do about 8000 a year that means first service in about 2 years. When you go in to the service options it will tell you when the service is due. I believe the car monitors the oil and adjusts the figure based on this. All VWs are filled with long life oil as standard.

I have done 3748 miles and the service indicator says:-

Inspection Service in 16400 miles or 568 days
Oil change Service in 15000 miles or 568 days

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Rockman2- are you sure about the statement "All VWs are filled with longlife oil" ?
My diesel is set for yearly servicing and the recommended oil is 507 type which is not long life as far as I know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I purchased 2 year servicing when I bought my R Line last September. Just had it serviced about 3 weeks ago as the indicator said it required an oil change in 28 days. It had only done 1050 miles by the way. Dealer only changed oil and filter. The invoice I saw to VW Financial Sevices quote 99 pound. Second service will be dearer as the pollen filter is changed. Got to ask the question is it worth paying up front ?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Malcolely37 said:
I purchased 2 year servicing when I bought my R Line last September. Just had it serviced about 3 weeks ago as the indicator said it required an oil change in 28 days. It had only done 1050 miles by the way. Dealer only changed oil and filter. The invoice I saw to VW Financial Sevices quote 99 pound. Second service will be dearer as the pollen filter is changed. Got to ask the question is it worth paying up front ?
I assume you have a Lease car? if so did you take up the offer through VWFS via the DriverLine Centre? I did and for the one off cost of £149.00 which I thought was a bargain.

·
Registered
86 Posts
No. Car was purchased outright. I paid the price as on the configurator via the dealer. Would seem that there are various prices floating around. All my previous VW's the pre service plan didn't get VWFS involved

·
Registered
158 Posts
niggly58 said:
Rockman2- are you sure about the statement "All VWs are filled with longlife oil" ?
My diesel is set for yearly servicing and the recommended oil is 507 type which is not long life as far as I know.
Pretty sure, I always find that garages do not offer to set it for long-life servicing (unless you ask for it) for a reason, mainly they make more money.
I always had to ask them to change it to long life. Thats the reason they all have long-life oil put in at manufacture. Now once you elect to use time/distance servicing you have no real requirement to use long-life oil as it will be getting changed at 10,000 mile intervals.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So an update from the dealer after she enquired about the service plan. Turns out that as she's getting it through Solutions, she can get the first 2 services for £149!

Seems like a no-brainer to me. 😄

·
Registered
238 Posts
Raymondo111 said:
I assume you have a Lease car? if so did you take up the offer through VWFS via the DriverLine Centre? I did and for the one off cost of £149.00 which I thought was a bargain.
I have a leased car - could you please steer me towards the VWFS servive plan site - cant see theses deals after a Google - thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I registered the car through DriverLine Centre for the breakdown cover (apparently this is for Lease Cars only) they offered me the 2 years cover.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts