Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from the wife's R-Line being built on schedule (Week 6) and notification that her Tiguan was in "Transit" on Monday 06/02.

Since the "in transit" notification I have taken the "tracking" element just that little bit further and discovered that there is a very high probability that her car is currently on the RoRo car carrier EMS HIGHWAY which departed Emden for Grimsby on 09/02 and is due to arrive at Grimsby Port on 11/02 at 16.15pm :cool: :ugeek: ...........from there it will be transported to my dealer after all the necessary import paperwork and dealer payment to VW is completed.

Collection as planned on 04/03 is on target :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where can I track my vehicle? I am from Belgium so I really don't know if it's the same app... :?

Sorry that I can't answer your question...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Klein said:
Where can I track my vehicle? I am from Belgium so I really don't know if it's the same app... :?

Klein not sure about the order tracking process in Belgium but here in UK the Dealer provides a tracking number which is entered into the VW online tracking app which then confirms the order status.

·
Registered
6 Posts
GTD184 said:
Klein said:

Klein not sure about the order tracking process in Belgium but here in UK the Dealer provides a tracking number which is entered into the VW online tracking app which then confirms the order status.
Oh... no didn't get that. I think the dealers in Belgium are not aware of all that technology I guess.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Good news GTD184....count down begins, not long now matey ;) :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
GTD184 said:
Following on from the wife's R-Line being built on schedule (Week 6) and notification that her Tiguan was in "Transit" on Monday 06/02.

Since the "in transit" notification I have taken the "tracking" element just that little bit further and discovered that there is a very high probability that her car is currently on the RoRo car carrier EMS HIGHWAY which departed Emden for Grimsby on 09/02 and is due to arrive at Grimsby Port on 11/02 at 16.15pm :cool: :ugeek: ...........from there it will be transported to my dealer after all the necessary import paperwork and dealer payment to VW is completed.

Collection as planned on 04/03 is on target :D
Hi GTD84

Apologies if I've asked you this previously but when did you place your order. I'm being told my R Line is delayed due to parts and the common denominator appears to be with tow bars which I see you have opted for. Just want to see if my theory is correct.

Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
157 Posts
I ordered my R-line mid November and it's got a swivel towbar and I have a confirmed build week of 9, so mine appears to not be delayed.?

·
Registered
432 Posts
dsaunders70 said:
I ordered my R-line mid November and it's got a swivel towbar and I have a confirmed build week of 9, so mine appears to not be delayed.?
I ordered mine 17th November, so blows my theory out of the water :roll:

Total confused :( :(

·
Registered
157 Posts
Timbo said:
dsaunders70 said:

I reckon it's the DSG box, as mine is manual and I read somewhere the the automotive is in short supply. (As its used all over the VAG group of cars. Or unless you're just unlucky....!

·
Registered
432 Posts
dsaunders70 said:
Timbo said:
dsaunders70 said:

I reckon it's the DSG box, as mine is manual and I read somewhere the the automotive is in short supply. (As its used all over the VAG group of cars. Or unless you're just unlucky....!
You may be right about the DSG, I'm not called unlucky Tim for nothing :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dazb said:
Are all uk bound Tiguan built in the same factory?? Also is there a way to find out what position in transit is it???
Yes all UK Tiguans originate from Wolfsburg, Germany!.......The VW tracker is the most used system used to track your new car order although it is not the most informative or up to date system as many have discovered, me included! :roll:

As an alternative I tracked the shipping departures from the German port of Emden to U.K. port of Grimsby.

Timbo said:
Hi GTD84

Apologies if I've asked you this previously but when did you place your order. I'm being told my R Line is delayed due to parts and the common denominator appears to be with tow bars which I see you have opted for. Just want to see if my theory is correct.

Cheers
Tim
My wife placed her Tiguan order in mid October, her car is confirmed at present as being in transit although I have found the VW tracker not at all accurate as I have not received any alerts even though I signed up for both e-mail and SMS alerts.

I'm guessing the wife's Tiguan is either at Grimsby or at the Dealer.

It is conceivable that there is parts shortages at the factory which could be due to various reasons.....predominately due to unprecedented demand. Recently there has been big push to build R-Lines which has reduced delivery times which has probably resulted in shortages of popular components which historically have been DSG Gearboxes, Panoramic Sunroofs, Bumpers, Alloy Wheels or Tow Bars as you have been informed.

In order to maintain production efficiency it is necessary to have a sustainable mix of Tiguan variants which enables the manufacture of certain components to be available to fulfil customer orders. Typically a Sunroof supplier may have the capacity to manufacture 100 sunroofs a day, however if VW projected demand is for 120 sunroofs per day then inevitably it results in delayed customer deliveries. By adding Tiguan variants without sunroofs enables VW to maintain production and the sunroof supplier time to maintain a stable supply of components.

It would appear that with the most recent push for R-Line production it has exhausted certain components hence the news that R-Line orders have now been delayed.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DANTIGR said:
GTD184 how did you manage to work out your car would be on that ship? That's some good "tracking" lol
By making assumptions! :oops: ......car was built week 6.....notified in transit on Monday 6th Feb (so must of been built week 5).......typically 4-5 days at port awaiting shipping, identify shipping schedules from Emden Port to Grimsby (typically 1 journey a week) although VW ships cars to 3 UK ports so potentially 3 ships a week from Emden to U.K. 2/3 days on ship, ship unloads, port clearance, import papers and payment by dealer completed (1-2 weeks) and then road transport delivery to VW dealer!

Given the time of year with new 17 plate registrations I would accept some delay in delivery and PDI so would expect delivery on 2nd week of March! ;)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
GTD184 said:
DANTIGR said:
GTD184 how did you manage to work out your car would be on that ship? That's some good "tracking" lol
By making assumptions! :oops: ......car was built week 6.....notified in transit on Monday 6th Feb (so must of been built week 5).......typically 4-5 days at port awaiting shipping, identify shipping schedules from Emden Port to Grimsby (typically 1 journey a week) although VW ships cars to 3 UK ports so potentially 3 ships a week from Emden to U.K. 2/3 days on ship, ship unloads, port clearance, import papers and payment by dealer completed (1-2 weeks) and then road transport delivery to VW dealer!

Given the time of year with new 17 plate registrations I would accept some delay in delivery and PDI so would expect delivery on 2nd week of March! ;)
Water Sky Watercraft Boat Naval architecture
Water Sky Watercraft Boat Naval architecture

I'm on my way GTD184....not be long

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
I did the same and tracked my current Golf when it was shipped. Lots of assumptions made, but when I told dealer they agreed paperwork all tied it to the shipping.

It's a shame each VW doesn't have a GPS tracker.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
stumpy said:
GTD184 said:
DANTIGR said:

images (25).jpgimages (25).jpg

I'm on my way GTD184....not be long
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .........the best one so far!.......I owe you one back now! :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its arrived at dealer :D ..........the wife has just received confirmation of registration details which require a signature and then its a case of waiting for the big day! :p

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow GTD184 that's quick I'm a week/10 days behind u so hopefully I get a similar turnaround to u.. I'll look into the departures from Emden.. Cheers

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Good news GTD184 😀. It sounds like the car's been or being registered, but from what you said you were expecting 2nd week of March or so. Does this mean it's a '66 plate, or can you still wait for a '17 plate?

Steve

1 - 20 of 27 Posts