Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, doing some pre-delivery reading and would like to pick your brains. In the manual there is a section on 'Side Assist and Rear Traffic Alert'.
I have ordered the Side Assist option and wonder whether the Rear Traffic Alert is included or is something else for non-UK models?
Your input will be gladly received.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have got the side scan option. When you are in moving traffic it scans behind you and lets you know if a vehicle is there by way of a light in the mirror. The brightness of this is adjustable. When you are manoeuvring at low speed and the park pilot is active then there are a couple of extra segments behind and beyond the vehicle. These are great for reversing out of spaces in car parks etc. This came as part of the side assist package. Any other questions feel free to ask

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks IW500. I didn't specify Park Assist and was concerned that the Rear Traffic Alert was linked to that. However, having read your post that it is activated when the parking sensors are activated either by pressing the button or selecting reverse has reassured me. I'm looking forward to the door mirror light show. (Smiling with a glass of Chardonnay!)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have specified 360 surround camera and have park assist, but did not order side scan. Will I still get rear traffic alert?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts