Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those interested..... I have managed to find a firm in this country who now have stock for some after market 'Side step/bars' as VW can't forsee when they will have some in for the new Tig. I have ordered the Cobra oval tube stainless steel side bars with steps 76mm ss mach, and has assured me through Cobra in Germany they are for the New mk2 Tiguan.....

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Hi Bigal, I will once fitted.... sorry the pic is not of a 'Tig' .....If this helps, this is what they look like :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bigal said:
Might be interested in these as well , I expect you will put up some pics when you get them fitted.
Hopefully they are for the mk2 as says 2011 onwards ?
Hi Bigal Yes..I mentioned that..but he has assured me they are for the new Tiguan. I did contact Cobra in Germany a couple of weeks back and as they do not deal with general public directly they put me onto this supplier in the UK 'Auto Style Truckman' and they were then in the process of doing them for the new Tig. I have been told they will be ready in about 4 weeks.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bigal said:
Auto style truckman was the site I looked at but didn't have any pics for the Tiguan .
If they are like those in the pics I would be very tempted :D
£393.52...+ vat @78.70... total price £472.22 They will fit free of charge at there place in Dudley. I was going to get someone local to fit them for me, but depending on the price for fitting......it may be just as well to have a day out from Lanc's to Dudley :idea:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this will give you an idea 'Bigal' on fitting

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bigal said:
Ooh :eek: ,quite a job then , bit more than I thought but should look fab when done :D
:arrow: Yes 'Bigal' more than I thought..

·
Registered
432 Posts
stumpy said:
Bigal said:
Auto style truckman was the site I looked at but didn't have any pics for the Tiguan .
If they are like those in the pics I would be very tempted :D
£393.52...+ vat @78.70... total price £472.22 They will fit free of charge at there place in Dudley. I was going to get someone local to fit them for me, but depending on the price for fitting......it may be just as well to have a day out from Lanc's to Dudley :idea:
Hi Stumpy

Did you ever get these Cobra side Bars fitted or did you diy. They are a pain to fit as I fitted some side steps to my current MK1.
Also if you have any chance of some pics.

Ta
Tim

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ref Steps, This goes back to last October / November....... They told me that they were in production with the new Tiguan steps and they would be delivered to them from Cobra Germany in a couple of weeks. They said they would only order if I paid up front which I did by card. All good....... then 3 weeks went, so I rang the guy I was dealing with & he assured me they were in transit & would be with them in days...... 5 weeks went past and by now I was getting worried, so rang & asked when would they be despatched to me and the person on the other end said could I ring back the following week as the person dealing with my request for the steps was on holiday....I was not happy at all !! ...on that note I looked on-line on reviews and I wasn't happy what comments I saw really about the company. So I stressed for another week and called them, (never did they offer to call me back) and assured me they would be with me at my address next week. I gave them the benefit of the doubt as I had paid & really wanted them, but they didn't arrive So rather than ringing I sent an e-mail off pronto to cancel my order and have my money returned. To be honest, the person I was dealing with was always pleasant and embarrassed himself, and said he would refund me but it may take up to 7 days. I must admit the next few days I was worried I had lost my money but true to his word I had a nice e-mail from him that it had been refunded back into my account which took 5 days.
I have tried to look back at my post sometime back, but can't find it at the moment....but I'm sure it was Essay who sent me a link for another German firm who had some, but I have decided to wait to see if VW or even Seat (Ateca) would soon be adding some to their accessories list soon. Even if a bit dearer through VW, but if they fitted them my warranty would still be in tact. Sorry if this has been a bit long winded on this answer, and yes I still love this SUV :D :D
regards Chris

·
Registered
103 Posts
This is a genuine question.
Please forgive my ignorance, but what do these side crash bars actually do? Or are they just a styling accessory?

·
Registered
432 Posts
stumpy said:
Ref Steps, This goes back to last October / November....... They told me that they were in production with the new Tiguan steps and they would be delivered to them from Cobra Germany in a couple of weeks. They said they would only order if I paid up front which I did by card. All good....... then 3 weeks went, so I rang the guy I was dealing with & he assured me they were in transit & would be with them in days...... 5 weeks went past and by now I was getting worried, so rang & asked when would they be despatched to me and the person on the other end said could I ring back the following week as the person dealing with my request for the steps was on holiday....I was not happy at all !! ...on that note I looked on-line on reviews and I wasn't happy what comments I saw really about the company. So I stressed for another week and called them, (never did they offer to call me back) and assured me they would be with me at my address next week. I gave them the benefit of the doubt as I had paid & really wanted them, but they didn't arrive So rather than ringing I sent an e-mail off pronto to cancel my order and have my money returned. To be honest, the person I was dealing with was always pleasant and embarrassed himself, and said he would refund me but it may take up to 7 days. I must admit the next few days I was worried I had lost my money but true to his word I had a nice e-mail from him that it had been refunded back into my account which took 5 days.
I have tried to look back at my post sometime back, but can't find it at the moment....but I'm sure it was Essay who sent me a link for another German firm who had some, but I have decided to wait to see if VW or even Seat (Ateca) would soon be adding some to their accessories list soon. Even if a bit dearer through VW, but if they fitted them my warranty would still be in tact. Sorry if this has been a bit long winded on this answer, and yes I still love this SUV :D :D
regards Chris
Hi Chris

Thanks for responding as I appreciate this is an old thread. I was considering the side steps as I have them on my current MK1 R Line and they do act as a protection for the side of the car. I'm now considering some rally amour universal mud flaps to give car protection and also for when I'm towing my caravan but can't make my mind up if they will look ugly or not. Agree with you on waiting to see if VW or Seat decide to add side steps to the accessories.

Bloody pain that VW don't do mud flaps for the RLine :x

Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
239 Posts
A friend of mine purchased side steps from Germansell Car Style, which has photos of them fitted to Tungsten Silver Tiguan Mk2

http://germansell.de/gs/product_info.php?products_id=770

The website is also in English and ship oversees and I can report that my mate is very happy and he had them fitted by his local VW garage. They do look good on his Tiguan in Habanero Orange with the offroad package. He said they are very useful when it comes to fitting and loading his roof box.

·
Registered
432 Posts
DeT said:
A friend of mine purchased side steps from Germansell Car Style, which has photos of them fitted to Tungsten Silver Tiguan Mk2

The website is also in English and ship oversees and I can report that my mate is very happy and he had them fitted by his local VW garage. They do look good on his Tiguan in Habanero Orange with the offroad package. He said they are very useful when it comes to fitting and loading his roof box.
Hi DeT

Thanks for the info they look spot on :D Don't understand if the Tiguan already has mounting points for side steps why VW don't sell them. It's not like a car manufacture to miss out on an additionally sale opportunity :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Roy said:
You may also be interested in another eBay item no 142146395698.
Cheers
Roy
Hi Roy
Yes I have Seen those ones but wasn't sure of the quality as they seem quite cheap compared to others that range from £200 plus to the Germancell ones that DeT told us about. Not sure what to do now, just wish VW would bring some out so we could buy with some level of confidence.

Cheers
Tim

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Timbo said:
DeT said:

Hi DeT

Thanks for the info they look spot on :D Don't understand if the Tiguan already has mounting points for side steps why VW don't sell them. It's not like a car manufacture to miss out on an additionally sale opportunity :lol: :lol:
Timbo.....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts