Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all,

Recent joiner to the forum - I have a Caribbean Blue SEL on order, current Build Week 12 - Does anyone know if Sign Assist comes as standard, or is this an optional extra with the HUD? I cant seem to find any information in the VW brochure, and cant see it as a separate optional extra on the configurator.

Thanks in advance.

Ash

Registered
Hi ashypants and welcome. Nice choice of colour by the way 馃槈. I can confirm that the road sign recognition will display on the instrument cluster as standard and as well in the HUD (if fitted).

Steve

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent thanks Essjay! I'm replacing a Pearl Black 2013 R-Line - so the blue is a big shift in colour - SWMBO is still not sold. I went into the showroom adamant that I was going to get an Indium Grey SEL, but parked next to a Caribbean Blue and was smitten :)

Registered
Hi

I thought it was only available if you have the discover pro upgrade

Registered
neelytom said:
Hi

I have it on my SEL and I have the standard Discover Media ;)

Steve

Registered
Essjay said:
neelytom said:
Hi

I have it on my SEL and I have the standard Discover Media ;)

Steve
Yep...same as..I have it displayed on my digital display. I haven't got the HUD

Registered
Interesting aside....cannot get it to work here in netherlands - however as soon as cross border in belgium or France it works! Really quite odd. When it works it is great - have it on the HUD myself.

Registered
How odd 'JonP'......I'm in France, Belgium & the Netherlands in June, I will see what happens to mine...

Registered
Is cruise control still illegal in Belgium (under certain conditions)?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Found this in the manual r.e countries available.

Country availability

At the time that this owner's manual went to print, Dynamic Road Sign Display was available in the following countries:

Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City.

Registered
Thanks for the info 'ashypants'....good to know :)

Registered
I think there are 2 different systems here.

1. Speed limit display. This shows the speed limits from the Sat Nav Data only. It does not show any changed speed limits between Sat Nav updates, or any temporary changed speed limits (i.e. Road works). - This is a standard feature.

2. Traffic Sign Recognition. This looks for speed limit signs using the in built camera and displays them on the screen. This looks like it is an included option with the side scan option. (See below).

View attachment 442

Therefore I believe its an option, unless anybody else know differently..?

Attachments

G

dsaunders70 said:

1. Speed limit display. This shows the speed limits from the Sat Nav Data only. It does not show any changed speed limits between Sat Nav updates, or any temporary changed speed limits (i.e. Road works). - This is a standard feature.

2. Traffic Sign Recognition. This looks for speed limit signs using the in built camera and displays them on the screen. This looks like it is an included option with the side scan option. (See below).

Side Scan.JPG

Traffic signs are displayed on the satnav screen however if you have the traffic sign recognition enabled then the signs appear on the dash above the speedo and change depending on what the camera recognises. Fusion ode allows the two modes to be mixed with the camera taking precedence.

Registered
I found it very useful when motorway driving in particular but didn't buy it as an option (I actually thought I was getting it and didn't ask the dealer to demonstrate). Does anyone know if the Sign Assist function be purchased as an after sale option?

Registered
It needs the Side Scan cameras, so it can't be retrofitted.

Registered
I hadn't really considered this. I assumed that the speed limits shown on the digital dash were "Sat Nav" derived rather than sign recognition (though don't have the sat Nav on apart from long trips to unknown places). I don't have side scan. Thought it was some clever link back to the sat Nav. However, it makes sense I guess as occasionally it reads wrong, and I'm assuming therefore it hasn't picked up a sign and must be showing a previous sign reading?

By the way, a great decision on the Caribbean Blue SEL. Great choice ;)

Registered
I have no side scan.

But the camera picks up temporary limits and no overtaking signs and displays them on the dash and on the satnav screen.

Registered
dsaunders70 said:

Side Scan.JPG

I don't have side scan but my car does have speed sign recognition it's also picking up the no overtaking signs

1 - 20 of 43 Posts