Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a confirmed build week of 5/12/16... Monday. Just checked the tracker and it's missed the whole build step and is now saying it's in transit! One of 3 things has happened I guess...

A - the tracker has screwed up or
B - they haven't built it and have shipped a box of bits! or
C - they're ahead of schedule

I'm hoping it's C, but my money is on A!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Have you checked with VW live chat? They've been pretty useful whenever I've spoken to them. Hope it's C for you but must admit I'll be very jealous!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi,
I've just checked mine using the online tracker thing and it still shows it for next week, w/c 5/12/16. Would of thought mine would be built same time as yours as these are the same colour, same engine and same trim level.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mine still says next week, keep in mind the tracker only gets updated once a day so it can suddenly jump, that said I'll still check it 40 times tomorrow :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
That's quite normal for vw , you get a build date but never get notification that the build has started ,only that it's left factory and in transit .
If your lucky it will be on the boat and on its way over in about 3-4 days but could be a lot longer.
Some cars sit at the docks a couple of wks but they seem to have speeded things up .

·
Registered
59 Posts
My tracker is still showing stage 3 but have spoken to VW live chat and he's told me it's at stage 4.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spoke to the dealer this morning.... the tracker is right and it's built! Because of Xmas / New Year we planning on a pickup mid-Jan - 9 weeks from order despite Xmas.... not bad!

·
Registered
59 Posts
No chance of a pre-Christmas pickup? or is that your choice?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've just used the VW Live Chat and they have confirmed they started building last week and it's due to roll off the line and be quality checked by the end of this week. If it does arrive in the UK this year, I wonder if it will be registered this year too and as such, I should benefit from the 2 free services as the vehicle was purchased during the SUV event last Month, that is if the dealer agrees?

·
Registered
59 Posts
They will hate me by the time it gets to my dealer.

VW Live Chat said:
When last reported on, the car was in the paint shop. Build normally takes between two and four days,
so it's well on it's way now. On average cars spend between one and two weeks awaiting shipment at
the port, so my advice would be to check once it's reached that point, as we can be more precise once
a ship is assigned.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Pasquale said:
I've just used the VW Live Chat and they have confirmed they started building last week and it's due to roll off the line and be quality checked by the end of this week. If it does arrive in the UK this year, I wonder if it will be registered this year too and as such, I should benefit from the 2 free services as the vehicle was purchased during the SUV event last Month, that is if the dealer agrees?
Looking forward to seeing some pics of yours, once it's arrived 'Pasquale' :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
No problems, i'll take a few snaps when I get it. Haven't seen many with Tiguan's with the 'off-road' pack on here yet or maybe i'm not looking hard enough!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tracker gone from "4 weeks" to "10 days" in 48 hours!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
DrMiles said:
Is that time to get to dealer? Mine was at stage 3 on the tracker for the last two days and has jumped to stage 5, I know it was at stage 4 on Monday/Tuesday but tracker never updated, now saying allow 4 weeks to get to dealer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Negativepitch said:
Is there a link for live chat as Mine is still saying with the factory.
Do you just give them your reference number?
This link should work Negativepitch

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/need-help/contact-us?channel=liveChat

Edit: just tried it and it takes you back to main page, click on all contact options, and you should see live chat option there, they need tracking number, sometimes model and sometimes name.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Thanks, just checked in with them and got this reply.
Thank you for your patience. The production week is the week commencing 23rd January, however, this has not yet been confirmed.
Guess it wont be January we get the car then like my dealer said at the start.
Without trawling through the various threads, whats the time line from build date to delivery...roughly?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Think, although i'm not sure why but it seems it's the R-line config that seems to have the long wait time, of the 3 of us on here with week 49 build dates we have a both 2wd and 4motion and all ordered at the same time, we do all have SEL trims though so the only thing i can see difference is the r-line trim for those that seem to be waiting a very long time.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
gareth78 said:
DrMiles said:
Is that time to get to dealer? Mine was at stage 3 on the tracker for the last two days and has jumped to stage 5, I know it was at stage 4 on Monday/Tuesday but tracker never updated, now saying allow 4 weeks to get to dealer.
It stays on '5' but the text under the icons on the website updates and went from 4 weeks to 10 days - and yes, that's when it's expected at the dealers :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.