Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Smart' insurance, covering minor paint work damage for three years and up to £3k is offered by VW dealers and I took up the offer on ordering my new Tiguan. A few days ago, I noticed four small nicks in the rear bumper so contacted Smart Insurance who were very helpful saying that I would be contacted within 48 hours by a repairer, Flying Colours, who would carry out the work at my home. They duly contacted me to arrange a date for the work. The earliest they could offer was 6th March! Now that is almost a month's delay. Had I been able to book the car into a local body shop, the job could have been done within 24 hours. Furthermore, Flying Colours will make a 50 mile round trip to carry out the work which will, no doubt, inflate the cost and then there is a £10 excess on each claim. The cost of the insurance, £434.00. It seemed a good idea at the time; now I begin to wonder.
As I am sure you know, there are several companies, such as "Chips Away" who will repair minor damage at your home usually at about £75.00 per repair. This might well be a better bet than 'Smart' insurance.
I was offered the same deal from another VW dealer a couple of weeks age for my wife's Polo - this time, I declined.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Interesting that you were offered a VW product. I was offered their own one by Inchcape who I bought from. I did buy it after research as it covered scratches up to 30 cm which was about 10 times what other on line products covered. Fingers crossed haven't had to use it yet. any one else had experience of this one?

·
Registered
123 Posts
i took out alloy wheel insurance through vw turns out the repair is done by flying colours , i have just had experience with dealing with these cowboys they are a truely garbage company i wouldn't let them anywhere near my tiguan i binned them and the insurance and got my money back

·
Registered
169 Posts
Wouldn't waste my money on these products , have a look at the terms and conditions on the policies .
So many clauses .
Once had a smart repair done on my partners car and instantly regretted it and had to pay out for a proper body shop in the end to sort out the mess !

·
Registered
123 Posts
Bigal said:
Wouldn't waste my money on these products , have a look at the terms and conditions on the policies .
So many clauses .
Once had a smart repair done on my partners car and instantly regretted it and had to pay out for a proper body shop in the end to sort out the mess !
Exactly , I don't know why VW endorse these substandard cowboys they can not guarantee the repair to be anywhere near 100% , so to me that is unacceptable on a new car that retails at 36 k

1 - 5 of 5 Posts