Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Tiguan is at the dealers and can be picked up from tomorrow but have agreed I will get it on Friday, went in today to sign the finance papers and got a chance to have a look at it but only from the outside, thought i'd post a picture anyway and an observation about the tyres. Here it is:

I noticed mine had Pirelli tyres on it and there was another SEL next to it delivered the same day, so i would assume built close together, both our Tiguans have the standard 19" alloys but the other has Hankook tyres:

Only difference i could see was that mine has TPMS fitted, there was another SEL new but not quite so new that had 19" without TPMS and had the Pirelli tyres, and a SE with 18" that had Continental. If there's a logic i can't work it out.

Timeline as may be useful to others:
Ordered: 29/10 (Dealer place order on 31/10).
Given Provisional Build Date within a week of 05/12.
Build Week confirmed for 05/12 on 14/11 (3 weeks before).
Build started (Estimated) on 05/12.
Build Finished (Estimated) on 07/12.
Left Factory on 07/12.
Arrive at Emden on 09/12.
Allocated Ship on 12/12.
Shipped on 13/12.
Arrived in UK (Sheerness) on 14/12.
Arrive at dealer (Guildford) on 19/12.
Pickup offered from 20/12 (51 days / 7 weeks 2 days).

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hi gareth78, without being biased, that is one cool :cool: colour. I have Hankook suv tyres fitted on mine.... :arrow: 19'' victoria ps will you be able to sleep for the next couple of nights ;) :D :D

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The longest description for one of the cheaper and more mundane extras :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stumpy, not at all, already reading through the owners manual again, and it agreed it is a very cool colour.

Was beginning to think I was kidding myself thinking I would get it before Christmas, can't believe how quickly they turned it around.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Oh that gives me hope as mine arrived in the UK 2 days after yours so could arrive on 21st/22nd, gives me 23rd to collect as they say PDI is only a few hours for them.
However, mine is to be delivered.. so 23rd? or do they deliver on 24th? lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmrc804 said:
Oh that gives me hope as mine arrived in the UK 2 days after yours so could arrive on 21st/22nd, gives me 23rd to collect as they say PDI is only a few hours for them.
However, mine is to be delivered.. so 23rd? or do they deliver on 24th? lol
I think you've got a fighting chance hmrc804, where in country are you? I'd just keep in touch with your dealer and make sure they are aware that you would like to pick it up before Christmas. Mine told me in Friday is was being delivered Monday, no ifs just was, so everything was lined up.

Must add as well as I've seen conflicting information on this but I've had my private number plate put on and it's caused no issues and hasn't taken any longer than if I hadn't, that said I had taken if off my current car a month ago so just dropped my V778 form into the dealers all signed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm in birmingham, dealer in portsmouth lol not exactly down the road.
Found out today that the person that I dealt with at the dealer is on annual leave this week, but shouldn't affect it I guess.
This lady on the phone said she will find out about the delivery schedule as they should have? and let me know today, but no replies... not good.
So I'm gona call them again tomorrow..hopefully I'll get some info.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd ask for the contact details for the sales manager of whoever runs the sales team, assuming that's not your sales person!

·
Registered
17 Posts
hmrc804 said:
I'm in birmingham, dealer in portsmouth lol not exactly down the road.
Found out today that the person that I dealt with at the dealer is on annual leave this week, but shouldn't affect it I guess.
This lady on the phone said she will find out about the delivery schedule as they should have? and let me know today, but no replies... not good.
So I'm gona call them again tomorrow..hopefully I'll get some info.
I got mine from VW Portsmouth as well . Who is your sales person.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hmrc804 said:
It was Ben, same with u? if it was, how was your customer service with him?
Mine was a from my sons friends Dad. Damian Constable.
Customer service was great this is my 5th VW from them.
2 Golf's , 1 Passat and 2 Tigs. Happy Day's.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I guess yours wasn't a fleet department?..
I cant imaging me saying..i have a online forum friend's sons friends dad lol sort me a good deal lol

I'm glad you had good customer service from them, gives me confidence.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will follow up with some better photos when I can but...eek...love it

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Looks Awesome 'gareth78'.......great colour ;) 'enjoy' :D :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts