Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you sitting comfortably....then I shall begin.....

Well today for my sins I had to drive to work in the snow ! - The excitement was almost overwhelming...

Up at 04:45 to clear the windows and lights and after a quick shower and brekky off with the auto brake ....reverse up the drive and onto the road.

Now for the exciting bit......turned the little round dial into the "snow position" and set off up the road.
I like my Tiguan.....so much so we have called him Toby and Toby likes the snow. I like it that Toby likes the snow and Toby likes it that I know he like the snow. Therefore Toby is a good boy and behaves impeccably in the snow. If cars could wear snowshoes then Toby would have a pair. Instead he has 20 inch rims and 4 motion.....a pretty good substitute in my opinion.

Sadly "Ars*hole Astra" and "BollockBrain BMW" and "LarryLgv" are not so happy in the snow. This made Toby a little nervous. Especially when he realised that all three of them were rear wheel drive and in their wisdom decided to venture out into the third lane of the motorway where there was a lot of slush and snow. Larry was as not quite as stupid ....just a little stupid as he didnt realise that his 16 wheels were spraying a shitload of mess all over Toby ! and he didn't venture into the third lane. Poor Ars*hole and BollockBrain.....as the inevitable happened and their silly bottoms began to twitch all over. Toby was trying to image what their drivers bottoms were doing as well (just as they began to slide towards the concrete middle crash barrier) and he wondered if their owners would ever get the brown stain out of their underwear or the car seats for that matter.

Toby trundled on.....sure footed and this made his owner very happy ! - He didn't put a foot wrong all the way to work. He even had a little chuckle when he realised that his workmates cars were stuck in the car park, yet he managed to swoosh around and park in his favourite spot !

Quite refreshed - and with a warm glow his owner climbed out of his best friend - warm buttocked (the heated seats are a wonder) with a ready break glow ......ready for the day !

So chiildren - tell daddy to buy a 4 motion Tiguan.....he won't regret it and he can laugh and laugh at the Astras, Bmw's and LGV's all the way to work.

Goodnight everyone - sleep well.....Toby is all tucked up down his drive with a smug little smile and a big thank you from his delighted owner. He hopes the snow stays a little bit longer as he has yet to meet "Bertie Bus" and "YouArehavingLaugh Pedal Cyclist" but thats another story for another day !

:D

(and if you remember "Listen With Mother" you are as old as me...... :eek:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thank you for the story. :D.
Enjoyed the story and the reassurance that i've made the right choice!

Hope when I finally get my car there is still the chance of snow.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Nice one Terrier good story

Silly question do you have a terrier?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Haha 'Terrier', love it, you're wasted in that job of yours..... :idea: :arrow: instead of getting up at 04.45 hrs, you could do better and have a lie in, leisurely have breekie and write books for a living ;) ;) :D :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
FTT said:
Nice one Terrier good story

Silly question do you have a terrier?
:lol: :lol: Being a Lancashire lad FTT, you should well know, every Yorkshire man has a 'Terrier' to go Rating ...eh lad ;) :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Terrier1964 said:
Stumpy
Do you have a whippet ? - and a flat cap ?

of course I have a Terrier ! - my mum......but she is Scottish.....does that count ?

:cool:
haha...well a 'flat cap' yes mate ;) :lol:

·
Registered
610 Posts
E by eck lad good to hear. Just got me self a little boarder use to dobermanns so it's all new lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, everyone.
My first post here.
Have RAV4, ordered new Tiguan.
What tires are we talking about?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Take it you still had the rubber that came with the car and not changed to winter tyres??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Never had (or will have) winter tyres),,,,,,,the 20 inch monsters on the four corners plus 4 motion will get me most places I want to be.

Winter tyres are okay - but you still will end up getting stuck behind 80% of cars that are not 4 wheel drive.....and the buses and the big trucks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Glad to help :) - You will love your car - just don't get into the habit of making trips up just to go out and drive it !
As per my previous post I have now got a cupboard full of canned peas.....lololol

·
Registered
610 Posts
lol already there use to go to town at the weekend in the wife's run around bambino (500) but now she asking to drive mine to town so she can get use to the gears and size???? Me thinks I'm be twiddled :lol:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
:idea: :arrow: Put her on RP's 'FTT' ;) :lol:

·
Registered
610 Posts
:lol: :lol: nice one stumpy, if I did that she will probably send me to the glasshouse for a week :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
FTT said:
:lol: :lol: nice one stumpy, if I did that she will probably send me to the glasshouse for a week :D
:lol: :lol: FTT

1 - 20 of 28 Posts