Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having discussed my car at the dealers about my active info display going blank twice while driving, apparently this is a known fault.
They informed me that there is a software update.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My AID wouldn't turn off this evening. I opened the car up to put something in it, locked it again, and waited for about a minute, but the display stayed on with the dials showing, and the wrong fuel reading. Had to unlock and re-lock it, and a few seconds later it went off.

Keeping an eye on it.

Jaw Gesture Sharing Event Screenshot

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the standard 'Discover Media' and my main screen went blank yesterday, not while driving though. Couldn't get it switched on at all. I drove about 40 miles, stopped, started, etc., and still nothing. Then when I returned home I pressed the lock button twice this time on the fob, reopened, started ignition and the screen came back on but with the wrong sat nav location! I then locked the car and noticed the speedo dials etc., were lit up and didn't turn off! I opened and closed (locked) the car and they finally switched off.

I've only driven about 700 miles and hopefully this is just a glitch, but doing a quick internet search it appears that the blank screen issue has been a general problem for VW for some time.

I will keep you posted if it happens again.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pasquale said:
I have the standard 'Discover Media' and my main screen went blank yesterday, not while driving though. Couldn't get it switched on at all. I drove about 40 miles, stopped, started, etc., and still nothing. Then when I returned home I pressed the lock button twice this time on the fob, reopened, started ignition and the screen came back on but with the wrong sat nav location! I then locked the car and noticed the speedo dials etc., were lit up and didn't turn off! I opened and closed (locked) the car and they finally switched off.

I've only driven about 700 miles and hopefully this is just a glitch, but doing a quick internet search it appears that the blank screen issue has been a general problem for VW for some time.

When I returned our car the dealer said that they had had a few go blank on other models including one time when someone had just bought thier car and they were goinging through the bits and bobs as they do, turned on the ignition and nothing came on :lol:
Bet it didnt go down to well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Negativepitch said:
Pasquale said:

When I returned our car the dealer said that they had had a few go blank on other models including one time when someone had just bought thier car and they were goinging through the bits and bobs as they do, turned on the ignition and nothing came on :lol:
I wasn't impressed at all. It's working fine again now so hopefully it won't happen again!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pasquale said:
Negativepitch said:
Pasquale said:

I wasn't impressed at all. It's working fine again now so hopefully it won't happen again!
When I said about ours he said there was a software update, not sure if this was true or not, as we had returned our car anyway.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If it happens again I will defo go to the local dealers. I wonder if there is anyway of checking which software version has been installed on the head unit and what the latest available version is!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.