Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
i have the basic sound system but with the Media Composition 8" head unit,
i`m not satisfied with the sound quality, can i change the speakers? or there`s somthing else i need?
can i buy only dynaudio speakers of from ebay? or there`s more then only speakers?
also what is the size of speakers and recommended watts?

Thanks in advance,
Avi

·
Registered
446 Posts
You must have very high expectations as I think the standard sound system is fantastic, the best "normal" system I've heard, it makes listening to music at loud volumes much nicer. Also has impressive bass for a non-sub system. Unless something is different with the headunit then you could try changing speakers but IME in the days of messing about with car stereos sometimes even fancy speakers don't sound much better, and with how good the standard Tiguan system sounds (to me) I think it would be difficult to improve it apart from adding an active subwoofer.

·
Registered
182 Posts
c_w said:
You must have very high expectations as I think the standard sound system is fantastic, the best "normal" system I've heard, it makes listening to music at loud volumes much nicer. Also has impressive bass for a non-sub system. Unless something is different with the headunit then you could try changing speakers but IME in the days of messing about with car stereos sometimes even fancy speakers don't sound much better, and with how good the standard Tiguan system sounds (to me) I think it would be difficult to improve it apart from adding an active subwoofer.
I agree...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is truelly good, bass is amazing, vocals and highs could be improved abit, Beagler, thats what i§m afraid of, i thought i could replace only speakers, i dunno if head unit is also different...
maybe the system has some kick in time? i have the car for a week now.

·
Registered
463 Posts
aviben said:
it is truelly good, bass is amazing, vocals and highs could be improved abit, Beagler, thats what i§m afraid of, i thought i could replace only speakers, i dunno if head unit is also different...
maybe the system has some kick in time? i have the car for a week now.
My 2015 Q5 B&O was not a patch on this Dynaudio.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You could look into getting the Plug and Play VW add-on sub and amp. It is made by Helix and judging from the reviews I've read adds some decent punch to the system.

Tha that being said, coming from cars that generally have premium sound fitted (BMW and Merc with HK Logic7) I find the standard sound in the Tig to be rather impressive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts