Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My previous car (Citroën C4 Picasso) had a satnav which used the same vendors mapping (Here!) as the Tiguan. You could download for minimal cost regular update files which gave you an audio and visual warning of fixed speed cameras. Does anyone know if something similar is available from VW? There doesn't seem anything obvious on the mapping downloads page.

·
Registered
64 Posts
niggly58 said:
My previous car (Citroën C4 Picasso) had a satnav which used the same vendors mapping (Here!) as the Tiguan. You could download for minimal cost regular update files which gave you an audio and visual warning of fixed speed cameras. Does anyone know if something similar is available from VW? There doesn't seem anything obvious on the mapping downloads page.
PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you the database over with instructions for loading it into your Discover unit.

·
Registered
953 Posts
tekcom said:
niggly58 said:
PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you the database over with instructions for loading it into your Discover unit.
Tekcom, is this a POI or dedicated camera software and does it give audio warning?

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's a POI database.
The audible warning is enabled on your Discover unit - I had to switch mine off as I was getting so many !

·
Registered
953 Posts
To many alerts that's why I've gone for the garmin 50 and it sits nicely in the cubby hole in the centre dash

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply tekcom.
Is the database you mentioned available from VW ?
Since I've only had the car two weeks I would be reluctant to add any third party software to the car- just in case!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I believe that all it is is adding Points of Interest in bulk rather than you just adding something manually to the maps when you find something of interest you want to remember.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's not "software".

Just a list of locations. It won't break anything.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excuse my ignorance tekcom- thanks for your offer. PM sent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts