·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if the new Tiguan navigation includes speed camera warnings

·
Registered
365 Posts
I don't think any car has speed camera warnings on built-in sat navs as standard - I believe it is part of the EU regulations for cars. I know with the Mk 2 Tig, you can download UK speed cameras as a 'place of interest'. So assuming the new version of the Tig is the same, it will be possible to get speed cameras on your sat nav but you will likely need to do this after delivery of the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think any car has speed camera warnings on built-in sat navs as standard - I believe it is part of the EU regulations for cars. I know with the Mk 2 Tig, you can download UK speed cameras as a 'place of interest'. So assuming the new version of the Tig is the same, it will be possible to get speed cameras on your sat nav but you will likely need to do this after delivery of the car.
Thanks for reply, maybe I should have worded the question differently. My current ford has 'safety camera warning ', I wonder if the Tiguan has the same.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If you have Apple CarPlay / Android Auto running, you can just do this on Waze. It'll even get updated in real time

·
Registered
365 Posts
I don't think the new Tig has the same safety warning as the Ford but perhaps a member with a new Tig can confirm? However, a fox2319 says, there are other options to get coverage.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
My 2021 XC40 does have them as standard, they're accurate and provide a gentle chime and dash display.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think the new Tig has the same safety warning as the Ford but perhaps a member with a new Tig can confirm? However, a fox2319 says, there are other options to get coverage.
Do you know how to download the cameras as places of interest and is it straight forward if you are not technically minded.

·
Registered
600 Posts
yes sand no it doesn't, buy a TT

·
Registered
365 Posts
Do you know how to download the cameras as places of interest and is it straight forward if you are not technically minded.
Not done it myself as mine were done free by the people who installed my dashcam but it took only about 10 minutes to download everything off the internet and update the car. There are a number of threads on here that may help. Try Speed camera data base? | Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum (tiguanforums.co.uk) for example, and I am sure there are others threads on here if you look.

If not, maybe a member here has more recent or better information, particularly in respect of the facelift Tig.

Good luck.

·
Registered
600 Posts
no its doesn't and very limited POI's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts