Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a Sport mode in a manual car on a Tiguan (SE to be specific). I know DSG models will have sport modes due to having control over the gearbox shifts but this usually also sharpens throttle response and perhaps steering weight at the same time.

The reason I ask is I test drove a manual SE 150 and the throttle was quite "spongey" in terms of movement it felt you had to press a fair bit for power and I quite like a sharper throttle response so wondered if the manual had a car setting like Sport?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sport mode is available on an SEL manual, switching to sport mode makes the throttle much more responsive/sensitive to pedal pressure :p

·
Registered
146 Posts
Oops, I've maybe raised your hopes prematurely - my car is 4Motion (4WD) and its the rotary 4Motion dial on centre console next to gear shift which allows me to select the driving profile :oops:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Drive profile selection does not appear to be included in the 2WD specification, as far as I can see it is only included in the 4WD specification. Perhaps someone with a 2WD manual can confirm :?:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sorry to disappoint you, but 2wd Tiguans do not get the driver profile select.

It's something that did annoy me, as when I ordered mine it was listed in the vehicle spec list and on the vw website:
Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

When my car got delivered without the mode select button I complained to vw and they stated that it was an advertising mistake and subsequently changed the advertising and web material :evil: it's especially annoying as my manual actually says it's there, but to my knowledge no manual 2wd model gets this. The only way way of picking a mode on a 2wd model is via dsg and so you are selecting the gearing profile rather than the throttle response

I don't know why they didn't include it as it's just simple software that the golf has in all models, so not having on the 2wd Tiguan is just silly.

Hope this helps

Axel

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Axel said:

It's something that did annoy me, as when I ordered mine it was listed in the vehicle spec list and on the vw website:
View attachment 722

When my car got delivered without the mode select button I complained to vw and they stated that it was an advertising mistake and subsequently changed the advertising and web material :evil: it's especially annoying as my manual actually says it's there, but to my knowledge no manual 2wd model gets this. The only way way of picking a mode on a 2wd model is via dsg and so you are selecting the gearing profile rather than the throttle response

I don't know why they didn't include it as it's just simple software that the golf has in all models, so not having on the 2wd Tiguan is just silly.

Hope this helps

Axel
Colleague of mine has a MK2 Tiguan R Line manual 2wd. It has a sport mode apparently

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Is it not settable from one of the menus in the head unit or MFD? I remember my sons Seat Leon he was showing me this on his 1.4 eco manual. Also noticed on the head unit in my daughters golf (also 1.4 manual) the top line with info had sport showing. I know different cars, but same electronics and lesser models, so maybe?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea I would expect it to be within menus on car settings rather than a sport button (that is usually on autos). If it's not there there is a small chance it can be activated on VCDS; my brother activated a few options/hidden menus on his AUDI A5 through VCDS that were hidden by default.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got the 2wd man SEL and you can change driving modes through the headunit menus - same as the golf

·
Registered
60 Posts
Axel said:

IMG_0066.PNG

Hope this helps

Axel
Im my country you can add this for 220eur.
You get the MODE BUTON near the stick,
can choose eco, comfort, normal, sport.
It regards steering and throttle response.
You can get it with highline/rline manual 2wd

·
Registered
328 Posts
If you can spec DCC for manual 2WD models then I would expect it to include Sport as one of the options. You get the button that PatG describes in the post above.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a SEL 150 66 plate manual anIt has four settings, Economy, Normal, Comfort and Sport. I use Comfort most of the time but switch to Sports when towing my caravan as the engine response is better. These settings are found in the driver assist part of the menu.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just to hopefully answer this one. In the uk, 2wd models below sel, do not have mode select through the info unit. 4 wheel drive variants do have the mode select wheel, and dsg variants do have gear mode select, but in the uk s, se and se nav 2 wheel drive don't have the option to pick the driver mode, unless as described above. This is despite the early brochure and vw website specifying that all variants had mode select. Vw confirmed this info to me at the point of delivery of my car 13 months ago. I raised it as a technical query with vw Germany and they confirmed the above and required vw uk to amend all literature to reflect the above position.

I was a bit miffed as I had it on my previous cars, so when my new one arrived without it I first thought it was a misbuild, but it wasn't they don't have it on my model the 2wd se nav😒

Here's the original vw webpage from August 2016 for the uk model, if you check out the current site you'll see the se model has the info removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Could you use something like this?. Not a tuning chip as such, as no additional BHP, but gives sharper throttle response.

DTUK® PEDAL BOX
Enhanced throttle responseImproves overall driving experience
Better response timeImproves the power delivery
DTUK RRP:
£239
ONLINE PRICE:
£179
INCLUDING VAT
BUY ONLINE, FIT AT HOME AND SAVE: £60
BUY NOWCOMBOMORE INFO
FREE UK SHIPPING
DTUK® PEDAL BOX PLUS
High-quality designLatest DSP technology for precision
More than 20 settingsMore sporty feel and no more lag
DTUK RRP:
£259
ONLINE PRICE:
£199
INCLUDING VAT
BUY ONLINE, FIT AT HOME AND SAVE: £60
BUY NOWCOMBOMORE INFO
FREE UK SHIPPING

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes that works very well. I paid around £135 or so on ebay from germany.

Shame there is no onboard setting, it could perhaps be opened up in VCDS as sometime they just hide menus on lower models.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.