Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering about the sport pedals, which my dealer fitted. My set has covers on the brake and accelerator, but not the footrest (see photo). Is this normal or has the dealer neglected to put one on the footrest?

Hood Car Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
My R-line looks just like that so I'd say it's normal.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Pumpbhoy said:
My R-line looks just like that so I'd say it's normal.
Your signature says you are still waiting ;)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm 2 months deep in my Tiguan experience. Just did a holiday from Essex to Devon in it, very pleased

I'm surprised there is no cover for the foot rest, seems a little lazy to me. Is this the same in the LHD cars too?

·
Registered
185 Posts
NoHopeNoFear said:
I'm 2 months deep in my Tiguan experience. Just did a holiday from Essex to Devon in it, very pleased

I'm surprised there is no cover for the foot rest, seems a little lazy to me. Is this the same in the LHD cars too?
Theres always been an issue on VAG cars to have an OEM RHD aluminum foot pedal. Couldn't get for my S3 and seems to be the same for Golfs etc. Seems like the factory only make for LHD vehicles.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
You can buy the foot rest from vw @ 100 pounds supply or 170 fitted which seems a bit steep.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Malcolely37 said:
You can buy the foot rest from vw @ 100 pounds supply or 170 fitted which seems a bit steep.
Have you got a part number or link to one because as far as I knew they didn't make for RHD vehicles?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already paid similar for the sport pedals, charging that much for a foot rest is ludicrous. I'll have a look for an aftermarket option I think

·
Registered
207 Posts
Try item 152485868649 on ebay. Also have a number of pedal sets including foot rest cover.
Cheers
Roy

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Malcolely37 said:
What's the point? It's under your foot & you can't see it while driving! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG
2,013 Posts
stephendutton63 said:
babysnakes said:
Malcolely37 said:
What's the point? It's under your foot & you can't see it while driving! :lol: :lol: :lol:
They work like go faster stripes I believe :roll:
Especially the Sport Pedal Footrest :lol:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Just fitted the sport pedals on mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,582 Posts
Looks good Jeremy. I've tried to find a set like that for mine, but it's such a shame that you can only get those covers in 'left hand' drive version.......unless anyone knows different?

Steve

·
Registered
513 Posts
Essjay said:
Looks good Jeremy. I've tried to find a set like that for mine, but it's such a shame that you can only get those covers in 'left hand' drive version.......unless anyone knows different?

Steve
Cheers Steve.
A cheap, simple mod that looks a lot better than the originals. Yeah, I've noticed that the RHD cars have a much narrower dead pedal the the LHD. Perhaps that's why nobody has bothered making one?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts