Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had the same issue with 2018 Tiguan two months after delivery. Dealer replaced the whole unit. Said there had been a number of Tigs with same problem. Had to wait about six weeks for the dealer to get in the new handle assembly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Same problem here. Dealer replaced the whole unit. If you do not replace it, it will pop out again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
midtig said:
Thanks was it a quick job for them to replace it?
I would think so. The dealer picked my car up at work an brought it back. I don't how much time it took :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
9 Posts
same hear. booked in for replacement grab handle Wednesday. max 2 hours using timed appointment system.

·
Registered
112 Posts
just noticed / had this happen on mine - spring pop out of both rear grab handles together with grey plastic pin. From a search also been happening on mk7 golfs.
Booked in with local dealer for them to inspect for any 'damage' and for vw to assess / agree to it being a warranty issue.

Anyone else had this occur? Anyone refused by vw or have vw always replaced? Appears to be a known fragile part.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'm just thinking, it might be an idea for everyone to "exercise" their grab handles while the car is still in warranty.

·
Super Moderator
3,103 Posts
Masquerade said:
A second grab handle has failed in my Tiguan, this is silly.
I wonder if the spring is just not fitted correctly or is a piece of plastic is breaking allowing the spring to fall out, if its a piece breaking then thats not good news and if its a fitment issue then they need to sort this out at manufactures.

Not good news and especially two on one car.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just had the two 'floppy' rear grab handles replaced under warranty.

The spring and grey pin just fired out without any particularly aggressive use - and known to be a problem to the dealer / VW.

The dealer rep was not sure if replaced with exactly the same part or if this has been addressed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Strangely my front passenger handle failed last week. Pin and spring popped out. Booked in for replacement next week. Looking at it, the locating dimples on each end of the plastic pin are too shallow. Had my previous mk2 tiguan for 3 years without fault.

·
Registered
R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG
2,268 Posts
Just realised my front passenger door grab handle doesn't return. So that explains the spring I found on the floor when I was hard wiring my dash cam.
God I love this forum 😁😁😁

·
Registered
242 Posts
mrew42 said:
Just realised my front passenger door grab handle doesn't return. So that explains the spring I found on the floor when I was hard wiring my dash cam.
God I love this forum 😁😁😁
Found the same thing last week,and same door. As someone has already pointed Out the anchors for the pin that holds the spring in position are too short ( basically non existent) so prob.just falls out with vibration :roll: :roll: . I put some new anchors on the pin (red plastic) but need to remove handle to reinstall so it's a dealer job.

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had the same problem on my previous Mk2 Tig. The whole handle assembly was replaced under warranty. In my case, it was the front drivers side so would have been hitting my head on it all the time if I hadn't tied up it up until fixed. Surprised how common this fault is.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Strangely, I've just had a second one fail, this time drivers door. Came back to parked car to find spring on seat and plastic pin on floor. Never had this on previous mk2 Tiguan,

G

·
I live about 25 mls. from dealer and they always want to inspect before ordering parts/getting warranty approval. Even though photo is sent and clearly shows the fault! Is this everyone's experience?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts