Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the standard system? Terms of sound quality and loudness. I've seen a lot of good things said about the Dynaudio option but it was quite an expensive upgrade here in South Africa so I left it off the option list.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi I find the standard audio pretty good. I just make sure the music I have is good quality conversion. Plenty of volume. I have a 32gb iPod touch connected by USB and that stays in the car only being removed to update the music. I also copied my music from my iMac to an SD card, this also plays and sounds fine as well.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I find mine fine, use good quality files, however i usually stream from Apple Music, don't think i'd pay more unless you want more bass from a sub.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Is there a sub woofer in the standard sound setup?

I've got an 11yr old AUDI A3 Sport (not a high spec model by any means) but the sound system in that is great, it has a subwoofer as standard so sounds is nice and deep. I've had another A3 with the BOSE system and it wasn't much different! I noticed when looking that comparable Seat Leons/Golf Vs etc had poorer sounding setups but in 2017 wondered if the stock Tiguan sound was quite good?

·
Registered
239 Posts
by c_w » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:08 pm

Is there a sub woofer in the standard sound setup?
Hi c_w,

There is no sub woofer with the standard sound system, you will need to order the Dynaudio system to have one and the sub woofer is located in the boot so reduces your variable floor depth if you choose not to have a spare wheel. With a spare wheel the sub woofer fits in the middle of it.

I don't have the Dynaudio but I am happy with the quality of the sound of the standard system but have not had the chance to compare the sound with a Tiguan with Dynaudio.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Very very Happy too with the Standard Audio...No need for anything more :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see the Golf 7 has an option to buy a Helix plug and play add on for the sound with a sub and amp. Wonder if the Tiguan will get that as well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
having had a bose sound upgrade on my previous audi , i too was a little apprehensive on the sound quality of the standard system but i have to admit i have been impressed with it , and i am now glad i didnt get the upgrade which i thought was a little expensive anyway

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm sure I will be just as happy as the rest of you are with the standard system

·
Registered
446 Posts
tonymar said:
having had a bose sound upgrade on my previous audi , i too was a little apprehensive on the sound quality of the standard system but i have to admit i have been impressed with it , and i am now glad i didnt get the upgrade which i thought was a little expensive anyway
Does the R-Line have the same sound system as the rest of the range then?

·
Registered
157 Posts
c_w said:
tonymar said:
Does the R-Line have the same sound system as the rest of the range then?
Yes it does

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looks to be the same 4x 20 watt 8 speaker set up in them all and I have found the quality fine playing such albums as war of the worlds and fleetwood mac albums.

·
Registered
158 Posts
USB , SD Card or Bluetooth are all there.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Dyneaudio would be nice, but it's (IMO) an expensive add-on as I tend to have mainly background music or talking radio whilst driving. To my mind, if you're that immersed in the nuances of the music, then it's a bit like driving whilst on the phone...ultimately distracting you from concentrating on the road.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Malcm59 said:
Dyneaudio would be nice, but it's (IMO) an expensive add-on as I tend to have mainly background music or talking radio whilst driving. To my mind, if you're that immersed in the nuances of the music, then it's a bit like driving whilst on the phone...ultimately distracting you from concentrating on the road.
Ill politely disagree, using a Phone is a different kettle of fish than listening to music in my opinion (if you're not using hands free). Reaching for the phone etc not in complete control of the car (one hand on your phone).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Audio is great! Not sure why you would want/need more in such a small space... would be bad for your health surely!!

Audi also had a superb standard audio system.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I listen to MP3s, so obviously not that fussy :) , but I have a friend who would insist on having the very best (even though he listens to Radio 4 most of the time). Horses for courses.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Malcm59 said:
Nothing to do with "nuances of music", it's just a like for decent sound quality. If the stock setup sounds nice then it'll probably be ok, but I don't like harsh sounding radios, whether it's for music or speach.

Surely a tense politics debate on R4 will have you swerving in rage more than a decent tune? ;) :D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Adamsy said:
Malcm59 said:
Ill politely disagree, using a Phone is a different kettle of fish than listening to music in my opinion (if you're not using hands free). Reaching for the phone etc not in complete control of the car (one hand on your phone).
No problems mate - , as stated above, it's all horses for courses at the end of the day - I'd never ever contemplate using the phone without hands free, but even with Bluetooth I've had journeys where I've no recollection of the last few miles driving due to being on mental autopilot while having a conversation. Refuse to answer calls while on the move nowadays.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts