Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Anyone that has the standard sound system (Discover Navigation System) in the Tiguan R-Line or SEL, got any thoughts on what its like ?

I've currently got a Mondeo with the standard Sony sound system and to me its a actually very good, and wondered how the Tiguan standard sound system would compare.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was going to upgrade the stereo and still wish I had, however coming from my last 2 Audis which both had upgraded stereos (Bose and B&O) it isn't too bad but I only tend to listen to radio now rather than music on my iPhone.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I just traded in my Mondeo, and I agree the sound system was pretty decent.

Will put a couple of CDs, and an SD card with some FLACs in the Tig to try it out and I'll report back.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Breezer said:
I just traded in my Mondeo, and I agree the sound system was pretty decent.

Will put a couple of CDs, and an SD card with some FLACs in the Tig to try it out and I'll report back.
Nice one, appreciate that Breezer :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
I had the B&O in my last Audi and I have to say the standard sound system in the Tiggy is pretty good.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ed1 said:
I had the B&O in my last Audi and I have to say the standard sound system in the Tiggy is pretty good.
Thanks Ed1, starting to put my mind at rest a little ;)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Said it before, the Dynaudio is much better than my Q5 B&O.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
I'm quite happy with the standard system, but then again I've got 'old' ears and I'm no audiophile ;)

Steve

·
Registered
485 Posts
I can confirm, after sitting in a car park for the past 3/4 of an hour, that the audio on the Discover system is excellent and has plenty bass. After lots of experimentation, I ended up with the equaliser set to Bass +5, Mid +2 & Treble -1 to suit my ear.

Crystal clear no matter what media, with no buzz or hiss except on lower sample rate MP3s.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Breezer said:
I can confirm, after sitting in a car park for the past 3/4 of an hour, that the audio on the Discover system is excellent and has plenty bass. After lots of experimentation, I ended up with the equaliser set to Bass +5, Mid +2 & Treble -1 to suit my ear.

Crystal clear no matter what media, with no buzz or hiss except on lower sample rate MP3s.
That's great thanks for trying that out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Breezer said:

Similar to my settings Bass +4 Mid. +2 and Treble 0 and I've been happy with mine . War of the worlds on car play sounds great but 90 percent of the time I listen to the radio with clear voice and good bass.

·
Registered
627 Posts
How many speakers on in the SEL (non Dynaudio).

I cant wait to try War of the Worlds now that you have mentioned it LOL :D :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bhuna said:

War of the Worlds as in the movie ? or audio book or something else :D

·
Registered
446 Posts
I tested it too and it sounds pretty good, it's not got the bass of my A3 which came with a subwoofer as standard, but it has a nice sound with good fidelity. Adding an active sub under the seat would probably make a decent setup.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Bhuna said:

8 speakers from the S upwards :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bhuna said:
Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds

AlbumArt_{92FEA767-F52D-4C73-886C-57F56F410025}_Large.jpg
got ya :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Bhuna....much to my wife's dismay, I have it on regularly ..........LOUD !!!! (the second version out may I add....have come to enjoy that much more).

·
Registered
627 Posts
stumpy said:
Bhuna....much to my wife's dismay, I have it on regularly ..........LOUD !!!! (the second version out may I add....have come to enjoy that much more).
The new generation? This one:

Font Poster Gas Technology Cg artwork

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Bhuna said:
stumpy said:
The new generation? This one:

61GP2hbtJ5L.jpg
Yesssssssss :arrow: :arrow: :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts