Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys ,
Just joined the forum and is my first post. Firstly I must say a great place to discuss mutual interest in a product.

Currently on order ; SEL DSG; TDI 150 4 Motion; ; self locking; electric tailgate; rear camera. My first VW.
Ordered July; Built: Left Factory; possible mid Nov;

Naturally interested in reading new Tiguan owners reviews and experiences over the past day or so....and maybe, like reading newspapers, one sometimes only sees the bad news!! So far I have read the following Tiguan faults or troubles...with
Unintentional Braking,
Recall on ECU bracket [whatever that is]
Boot opening [with foot]
Wing Mirror gear noise
Front Assit Imparied
Broken cup holders
Car Net registration
Various negative comments on the Sat Nav.
One person rejecting the vehicle alltogether !

I am sure that [like newspapers again] we sometimes only here the bad news and I am sure that like most products [especially cars] they have good and [hopefully] rarely.. not so good ones!!.....should I be worried that i have made the right decision or is this the norm bearing in mind the total number produced? or maybe as car technology gets more and more advanced with more and more equipment means more to go wrong !!
Any comments and comfort !! would be appreciated.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Love mine, no probs, sat nav ok

·
Registered
94 Posts
Also love mine. 2 choices for sat nav - if you don't like VWs system you can use Apple Maps - which is what I use.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Dave and welcome. You have the same model as me. Keep the faith, the Tiguan is a beautiful car, I'm really pleased with mine and I'm sure you will not be disappointed. Of course, there are always teething problems with new models but you will find that most will be sorted on warranty or with a software update. The Sat Nav is really good and as one person has said, you can use Apple maps.

They are a good crowd on here and will answer most questions.

·
Registered
463 Posts
My previous car was a 2015 Audi Q5. I was concerned the Tiguan would be a step down, I made the right choice and am not dissapointed with the Tig.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've had a string of Tiguans the current one is big upgrade on the previous generation . Apart from the emissions updates on the previous one I've never had any issues at all .
Cars are getting more complex with new features being added that develop over time but things need to start somewhere. As drivers we get given a handbook and are expected to understand how everything works. It takes time to test the limits of the new technolgy and it's all too easy to try something and if it doesn't work as expected you think it's faulty but maybe the settings are incorrect or with frequent use you'll Know how and when it's best to use the various features. The warranty will take care of any faults if they do arise.
The Tiguan is easy and relaxing to drive with the dsg and auto hold and it will feel safe to travel in when the worst of the winter weather takes hold.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hi Dave & welcome..... My overall impression.....
1... This is a great knowledgeable site / forum, and as Tig16 has said it takes time to configure and learn the new 'Tech'... yep, well that's me :roll: :oops: :lol: but some great guys on here to all share our experiences ;) :D

2 ... Love my 'Tig' so quiet, comfy & relaxing to drive, and will be even better once I have run it in, as only got 300 miles on her at the moment. I've got the SEL DSG as you are getting. The night time driving is something else with the exterior lighting and the interior 'Ambient' lighting Wowwwww ;) :lol:

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hi Dave
As with most forums, people tend to only post the negatives over the positives...unlike this site Im glad to say.
Im the person who rejected the car, thats only because we had such a bad time with our previous car (not a VW) that we didnt want to take a chance of going there.
We could have had it done under warranty but as said we didnt want to go there.
Im also the person with the grinding gears on the wing mirror. it may have just been a case of having it lubricated
I wouldnt let all of this put you off and just wait for the car and enjoy.
Steve.

·
Registered
23 Posts
mine is superb , just done 1300 miles since 13 sept when i took delivery. my advice take time to learn how every thing works a little at a time there are things on these tiguans i dont even think some dealers know about.
turbo pressure gauge, Gmeter and loads of sub menus in the active info display. took me a few weeks to find out that i had auto hi-beam headlights i was getting annoyed because the switch stalk is the same as my last golf but i didnt know the system.glad i didnt take it back for that. also when using car -net with i phone hotspot you have to make pass code visable for connection . all these things work great when you learn how.hope this helps and you enjoy as much as i am.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Must admit I love the technology in mine and the way it drives.
It does have a few niggles to be sort.
1/ Certain surfaces causes the car to rattle on the passenger side.
2/ The active display would seem to have an intermittent rattle.
3/ Carnet will not activate the mobile hotspot without playing about restarting the phone and playing with menus, I'm not sure what value it adds other that live traffic, and I'm not actually sure if it uses carnet to update or if it pulls the data over Bluetooth from the radio stream?

I'll take it in at some point if these things don't settle down, on smooth roads and really bumpy roads it fine, just roads with a broken surface seem to make the car resonate and rattle. I've done about 1200 miles.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I agree with everyone else. A super car so don't worry. Forums are always full of issues. You should read the Discovery one.
I have come from an Audi A4 allroad and much prefer it. Had a week fishing on very rough tracks and it coped brilliantly where the Audibwoukd have stuck.
Really comfortable too.
Only had minor issue of sat nav freezing but cleared as soon as I restarted.
TDI 190 SEL with off-road package

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Again Guys,

Thank you one and all for your replies and for the advice, guidance, and now confidence in my future purchase of the Tig.

Now looking forward to a phone call from the dealer..... along with 'miles of smiles'.

I will of course post a review in the near future that hopefully may help other pertential buyers with similar concerns.

Thanks again guys and keep up the good work !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts