Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Has anyone seen any information regarding a bonnet stone chip protector for the Mk.2 Tiguan ? Where I live (Wrenthorpe near Wakefield - U.K.) there is so much building work and road repairs going on that you cannot go anywhere without being bombarded with stones and pebbles. It is like a war zone. My car is less than two months old and the bonnet already has several chips on it. I have seen protectors advertised for a few vehicles but can't find one for my car. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
2L. SE. 150BHP. DSG. Indium Grey.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It might be worth investigating getting PPF (Paint Protection Film) applied by a reputable company. Xpel are a name I've heard good things about to start you in the right direction.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Im not too keen, but this may do the job? There is only so much you can protect before you have to just take the hit. Bubble wrap maybe the next stage after this. Lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Rebellion Automotive near Chichester, West Sussex. Do paint protection film, it's clear. Not used myself on whole car (they did a small area to seal in an autograph) but seen their work on other cars. Could be worth investigating. Good guys I met them at Goodwood FOS.
http://www.rebellionautomotive.co.uk

·
Registered
328 Posts
3M Ventureshield, try these guys (no association but have heard good things about them)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Viper88 said:
Im not too keen, but this may do the job? There is only so much you can protect before you have to just take the hit. Bubble wrap maybe the next stage after this. Lol.
always worry these contraptions might inflict more damage than they prevent. they must rub against the bodywork and any grit anywhere near the edges is likely to work its way in over time.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Dave9_3 said:
Viper88 said:
always worry these contraptions might inflict more damage than they prevent. they must rub against the bodywork and any grit anywhere near the edges is likely to work its way in over time.
A lot of the VW T4' and 5's boys use bra's and dont seem to get a problem along with aircool'd bays.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts