Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving home tonight with the sunroof only open by a foot (30cm), and was getting fumes in the car. Thought it was coming from the car in front till I overtook onto clear road.

The fumes were from my exhaust somehow. It went away when I opened the roof further, and was fine when I closed it. Just seems to be an issue when open a bit. Windows were closed the whole time.

Anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Have mine on first tilt, a lot of times with blind halfway back.......not noticed any fumes

·
Registered
627 Posts
Even though you had overtaken it might still have been from the car you thought as the fumes will linger a lot and especially if you had AC recycling on too.

Try again and see if it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried it on way into work this morning. No cars around, no aircon - same result.

Can someone else give this a go?

·
Registered
97 Posts
This is interesting stuff. I did not order a sunroof, but I will keep an eye on this topic as it tickled my curiosity.

·
Registered
627 Posts
How far back have you got it Breezer. I can try on way home tonight.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Bhuna said:
How far back have you got it Breezer. I can try on way home tonight.

About a 'foot' he says Andy in his first post ;)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sorry I had seen it but when at work and only catching up on new posts only I'd forgotten and missed it lol. Will try later.

Anyway, he might have small feet

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Bhuna said:
Sorry I had seen it but when at work and only catching up on new posts only I'd forgotten and missed it lol. Will try later.

Anyway, he might have small feet

:lol: :lol: .......sorry to hear you are at work in this lovely sunny weather.....oh well back to the deckchair with a nice cool drink... :cool: :cool:
Have a good Bank holiday mate

·
Registered
627 Posts
I got to pay for the car and my pension somehow for when I retire. Plus I had 4 months off in between jobs and must admit, i missed being busy. Lol.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Same - opened glass roof with foot - it was awkward, and people looked at me strangely....ah sorry opened it a foot, drove home and nothing - apart from me getting very hot in car as air con off etc.

No fumes, but will keep trying over weekend for you.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Same here no fumes

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How very interesting. I'll need to try this with various openings to see if there's an optimum gassing distance. 🤔

G

·
Might be worth checking under the bonnet? More likely fumes from there would enter thru roof. In fact really doubt rear exhaust would get that far forward.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've used mine lots but not noticed fumes but I will try different gaps.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Matchbox said:
Might be worth checking under the bonnet? More likely fumes from there would enter thru roof. In fact really doubt rear exhaust would get that far forward.
Will give that a check too. Sounds like it's just mine so maybe there's a leak somewhere.

·
Registered
83 Posts
A battery powered CO detector would be a good start - just in case. If you haven't got one at home you can temporarily put in the car, they are about a fiver for a cheapie.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pottsy said:
A battery powered CO detector would be a good start - just in case. If you haven't got one at home you can temporarily put in the car, they are about a fiver for a cheapie.
That's a great idea Pottsy, will give that a go. &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

1 - 20 of 25 Posts