Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was driving home tonight with the sunroof only open by a foot (30cm), and was getting fumes in the car. Thought it was coming from the car in front till I overtook onto clear road.

The fumes were from my exhaust somehow. It went away when I opened the roof further, and was fine when I closed it. Just seems to be an issue when open a bit. Windows were closed the whole time.

Anyone else experienced this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Have mine on first tilt, a lot of times with blind halfway back.......not noticed any fumes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Even though you had overtaken it might still have been from the car you thought as the fumes will linger a lot and especially if you had AC recycling on too.

Try again and see if it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried it on way into work this morning. No cars around, no aircon - same result.

Can someone else give this a go?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
97 Posts
This is interesting stuff. I did not order a sunroof, but I will keep an eye on this topic as it tickled my curiosity.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
How far back have you got it Breezer. I can try on way home tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Bhuna said:
How far back have you got it Breezer. I can try on way home tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
About a 'foot' he says Andy in his first post ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Sorry I had seen it but when at work and only catching up on new posts only I'd forgotten and missed it lol. Will try later.

Anyway, he might have small feet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Bhuna said:
Sorry I had seen it but when at work and only catching up on new posts only I'd forgotten and missed it lol. Will try later.

Anyway, he might have small feet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol: :lol: .......sorry to hear you are at work in this lovely sunny weather.....oh well back to the deckchair with a nice cool drink... :cool: :cool:
Have a good Bank holiday mate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
I got to pay for the car and my pension somehow for when I retire. Plus I had 4 months off in between jobs and must admit, i missed being busy. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
Same - opened glass roof with foot - it was awkward, and people looked at me strangely....ah sorry opened it a foot, drove home and nothing - apart from me getting very hot in car as air con off etc.

No fumes, but will keep trying over weekend for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
610 Posts
Same here no fumes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How very interesting. I'll need to try this with various openings to see if there's an optimum gassing distance. 🤔
 
G

·
Might be worth checking under the bonnet? More likely fumes from there would enter thru roof. In fact really doubt rear exhaust would get that far forward.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
I've used mine lots but not noticed fumes but I will try different gaps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Matchbox said:
Might be worth checking under the bonnet? More likely fumes from there would enter thru roof. In fact really doubt rear exhaust would get that far forward.
Will give that a check too. Sounds like it's just mine so maybe there's a leak somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
A battery powered CO detector would be a good start - just in case. If you haven't got one at home you can temporarily put in the car, they are about a fiver for a cheapie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Pottsy said:
A battery powered CO detector would be a good start - just in case. If you haven't got one at home you can temporarily put in the car, they are about a fiver for a cheapie.
That's a great idea Pottsy, will give that a go. &#x1f44d-1f3fb;
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top