Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
The warning sound will only operate if you use either the switch in the drivers door to open or close the boot, or if you use the key fob. If you use the boot handle or the 'foot swipe' you won't get the warning sound.
Have you tried all methods?

Steve

·
Registered
416 Posts
Sorry to divert topic slightly, but does the 'foot swipe' come included with Keyless and electric tailgate option? If its part of this option, does having a factory towbar cause a problem for the 'foot swipe'

·
Registered
485 Posts
lagerorwine said:
Sorry to divert topic slightly, but does the 'foot swipe' come included with Keyless and electric tailgate option? If its part of this option, does having a factory towbar cause a problem for the 'foot swipe'
Pretty sure I read last night that footswipe is disabled if you have the towbar fitted.

·
Registered
202 Posts
You do get foot swipe with factory fitted tow bar!

·
Registered
485 Posts
rjo said:
Thanks rjo. The section I read referred to deployed factory tow bars or retro-fitted tow bars only.

"Easy Open is not available or has limited availability in the following situations (examples):
• If the rear bumper is dirty.
• If the rear bumper is dampened with salty water.
• If the electrically folding ball head is swivelled out ⇒ Towing a trailer .
• If a towing bracket has been retrofitted to the vehicle ⇒ Towing a trailer .
During heavy rain, Easy Open may experience a delay in opening the boot lid or the function may be deactivated automatically in
order to prevent accidental activation.
Easy Open can be permanently switched on or off by pressing the button and the and Open and close
function buttons on the Infotainment system ⇒ Operation and display in the infotainment system ."

·
Registered
953 Posts
rjo said:
Don't get excited with the foot swipe, mine works when your hands are empty and when you really need it when your hands are full it doesn't, it's a complete wast of time

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine was retro fitted by the dealer

·
Registered
627 Posts
I didn't go for the electric tailgate - my view - if I'm carrying things and cant open it the only foot swipe I need is towards the kids (or the wife) if they haven't opened it ready for me :D :D LOL

·
Registered
416 Posts
Wish I'd thought of that, could have saved a few hundred quid!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Be grateful those bongs have gone, I love using the remote tailgate, but hate the attention the bonging brings.

Also I used the foot swipey once, and had forgotten it was even on the car until you mentioned it - by my count that is 4 different ways to open the boot?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Miket said:
rjo said:
Don't get excited with the foot swipe, mine works when your hands are empty and when you really need it when your hands are full it doesn't, it's a complete wast of time
You must have a duff one Miket as mine has never failed hands full or empty. It's all in the foot in foot out stand back action :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Timbo said:
Miket said:
rjo said:
You must have a duff one Miket as mine has never failed hands full or empty. It's all in the foot in foot out stand back action :lol: :lol:
I've never been good at dancing :?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I believe the warning sound is a safety feature to warn anybody stood at the back of the car that the boot is opening as you will be sat in the car when you activate it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts