Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...... Is there a way to identify the Tdi 2.0 ltr engine, being 150 ps and 190 ps by looking at it, or would it have a marking on the engine cover :?:
Regards Chris

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Chris

I thought that myself :eek:

There is nothing to distinguish the engine power output, but I guess thinking about it most manufacturers car decals or badges often display the engine capacity but not the power output. Although the 240ps variant is distinguishable by the 2 fake exhaust trims on the rear bumper!

Im guessing that only the V5 document and possibly the Vin plate confirm engine type/capacity via code iD.

Could always go to halfords and pick some chrome "190" sticky badges :oops: :lol:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Looking at photos on line it looks like the 190ps has a red "I" on the rear TDI badge. Can any one confirm this? I am guessing if this is the case the 240ps would have a red "DI".

On my last VW it had a label where the spare wheel is kept which gave the power output. I am sure it was in KW

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:lol: GTD184...... Just making sure mine is a 190ps....hopefully they have listened my local VW , as I asked for it to be 'De-badged' so the last thing would be sticking stickers on ;) :D ... so I will check the Vin thanks mate
Ed1 thanks ....I will have a look when I collect :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
stumpy said:
:lol: GTD184...... Just making sure mine is a 190ps....
You have a valid point :!: How do you know whether the dealer is handing over a 190 and not the 150 :?: .....................You have me thinking :?

·
Registered
151 Posts
It worried me too especially as my insurance company kept saying it was a TSI according to VW records! However VIN was clear it was a TDI 190 and it drives very differently to the 150 I test drove.
Mine certainly has a red I on TDI badge so this may well be the distinguishing feature - another useful fact from the forum always assuming 150s don't have red R! Thanks for info Ed1. I followed another TDI through Wales last week - pure white like mine but didn't look at colour of badge.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The "Di" part of the badge on the tailgate is red on 190 and chrome on 150 on R-Line not sure about SE/SEL but assume they would be the same. If yours is de badged then it's pot luck! :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GTD184 said:
The "Di" part of the badge on the tailgate is red on 190 and chrome on 150 on R-Line not sure about SE/SEL but assume they would be the same. If yours is de badged then it's pot luck! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'll check as much as I can..... :idea: :arrow: ;) ;) :D

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
DonTim said:
Correct:

TDI :arrow: 115ch
TDI :arrow: 150ch
TDI :arrow: 190ch
TDI :arrow: 240ch

Same with TSI :)
Thanks 'DonTim' for the info........ :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
DonTim said:
You're welcome!
Although I have seen some TDI150 without red "I". Maybe the red paint is too expensive for Volkswagen ;)
.........hence the reason I stated the 150 'Di' badge was chrome!......the 150ps examples I have seen have all been chrome. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.