Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi has anybody tuned there tdi yet?
I'm currently running a Dtuk switchable tuning box and pedal box on my tdi 150psi r line
If your looking for loads of torque and power delivery you need to purchase one of these
It gives amazing power and much better mpg .
My last three cars have been remapped which I didn't want to do this time this tuning box is on par to a remap maybe a little expensive as a remap but you can remove it and fit to your next car
Have a look at http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk

·
Registered
37 Posts
This caught my eye, as (being honest) the only disappointment on my test drive (of the 150 variant) was the lack of urgency of the car really versus my present 2 litre people carrier, which feels a lot quicker. i put it down to weight (the car, not me) although we were 4 up I suppose, so total weight was also a possible factor. I did look at the 180 version, but didn't want to spend the extra really.

So I did have a look at the DTUK boxes (following your post lesvw123) and also checked out some of the Forum chats to see what Joe Bloggs really thought of them and they do seem to be a credible alternative. Good vids of how to fit and remove, so the extra 50hp would be nice (although I would expect more like 35 in reality!) plus if they do indeed hike your petrol consumption, you can mentally justify the cost too, perhaps!

Anyone else taken the plunge with a tuning box of this sort? Sounds counter-intuitive for boxes to give more power and better fuel economy, but most people of the forums do seem to be persuaded that's the case when they run them, so I'm tempted to look more closely. Similar systems offered by various companies of course.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you give Andrew a call at Dtuk he is very helpful this is the only box on the market that connects to fueling ,cam sensor and boost
He will offer for you to drive to him and try a box on and you won't be disappointed it has transformed my Tiguan loads of torque and the power delivery is instant
On a resent 250 mile journey on the motorway I averaged 90mph and I was getting 46 mpg
And that was with a car that had only covered 1500 miles

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you looked under the bonnet you would not find it ,my dealership know its fitted and they turn a blind eye to it as they have fitted them for customers
It's common practice to do this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts