Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting music from lap-top to SD card........ Could anyone help me please, yes me & tech stuff do not go well together, 'thick as two short planks me' :lol:

So I can play my music via the SD slot, I have tried unsuccessfully to transfer music over onto the card. It is alb file and needs to be mp3. So I have downloaded the i-tunes, could anyone give me a step by step guide how to change from alb to mp3 as I've tried everything, even looking at youtube and it shows different formats ... :?: Been on it all night and just going round in circles me & her, I'm :oops: to say. I've gone down this route as when I put the music on my phone Galaxy S4 mini it will not show the playlist on the in-car screen (not compatible) :roll:
Thanks in advance Chris (stumpy) :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply 2KMNAUGIT..... tried that, but on the step by step guide, fell at the first hurdle as we can't get the abl file to show....

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Hi Stumpy, this is going to be of no help to you whatsoever, but I like to think I know a fair bit about computers, but I've just spent "all day" getting all of my music sorted on the SD card for the infotainment system, with all of the album art and playlists.
It's not that it's overcomplicated, just that it's so bloody long winded and time consuming. :x
As you've already found out, there are a number of sites on the web where you can get advice or videos, but none of them really show how long winded it can be, probably because they're all written by people who know what they're doing ;)
Quite frankly if you're not 'au fait' with computers to a reasonable level, then you really need to find someone else who is to do it for you.
Sorry I can't be of more help!

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yes thanks Essjay you're right..... :idea: :arrow: I suddenly had a thought today and my daughter is home for hols from uni next week and she has a friend who lives nearby into computers etc and will help do it for me next week....so all should be well then :) will just have to be patient :roll: :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Negativepitch & welshkaiboy.....
I am on windows Negativepitch.... I have downloaded the link 'mediamonkey' welshkaiboy thanks for your help, and I will try this in the morning :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Terrier1964 said:
Do you have a 10 year old in your household ?
Ask them.....
Promise of a pizza and a ride in Grandad's car will work well !
:lol: :lol: How old do you think I am :oops: :roll: :lol: haha seriously my eldest Grandaughter is 17 at college, but they are away on hols at the minute..

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just loaded loads of music easily onto the Tig's jukebox via usb. Just dragged and dropped from selection in itunes onto usb storage stick, stuck it in the usb port and imported it to jukebox.

I have to say very pleased with this Dynaudio, makes the B&O in my previous Audi Q5 sound like an old transistor radio. :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just a follow up to let you know, Young lad turned up and had it all transferred onto sd card within minutes... SD card in and working...happy bunnie :D :D

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Excellent news Stumpy, did he sort out all your playlists as well?

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Essjay said:

Steve
Yes Steve Thanks.......and he also transferred my wife's music from her mp3 to the same SD card. So can now have a lead less in the front & not have to keep swapping our individual mp3's about.... wow War of the Worlds sounds great ;) :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've got my SD card in, but to be honest I just use Apple Music, I've got a 5gig data plan, I just tend to plug phone in and use Apple play to connect and select a playlist, you have all the music choice so you never get bored.

·
Registered
835 Posts
stumpy said:
Essjay said:

Steve
Yes Steve Thanks.......and he also transferred my wife's music from her mp3 to the same SD card. So can now have a lead less in the front & not have to keep swapping our individual mp3's about.... wow War of the Worlds sounds great ;) :D
War of the worlds.
Have you been to see the stage show, I went a few years ago, it was very good.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Negativepitch, No unfortunately I haven't, but I would love too. I believe it was very good. It's on my wish list to watch if they do it again :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
stumpy said:
Hi Negativepitch, No unfortunately I haven't, but I would love too. I believe it was very good. It's on my wish list to watch if they do it again :)
I still have the album on vinyl and the 12' version of Thunder Child.
You can get the stage show on DVD.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts