Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it to the correct place if that is the case.

Some of you may have heard of The Hatchbag Company before (www.hatchbag.co.uk) for those who haven't:
We make tailored car boot liners for a wide range of vehicles, Ideal for keeping your boot space clean and protected, protecting your resale value, and making cleaning much easier.

Our biggest challenge is always getting the latest vehicles in so we can create a new pattern for a vehicle.
So far we have been unable to find a new shape Volkswagen Tiguan that is available to come to our factory in Birkenhead, Which is why I am here.

If you would like a boot liner for your TIguan, and are available to come visit us in our factory on two seperate visits, then we would love to hear from you. In return for the visits to our factory you will receive a completely free boot liner, with any optional extras you want to choose (not including mats).

Our postcode is CH41 9HP (so you can check the distance) and if this sounds like something you would be interested in then please email [email protected] or call 0151 203 6555.

Many Thanks,
Jake Smith
The Hatchbag Company

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch, If you could send an email to [email protected] with some extra details (name and contact details) then I will add you to my list (you'll be the first one on it!) If we can get a car in sooner then we will, but as that isn't looking too likely at the moment, provided the delivery goes smoothly, we would be more than happy to receive you.

Many Thanks,
Jake
The Hatchbag Company

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi
I was past your door in my new Tiguan 2 weeks ago, visiting my son who stays in Rock Ferry area, unfortunately it will be October before I'm back down. If no luck with anyone to measure before then, I will stop by.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Jake,

My SEL is due this week and I'm based not to far away over in Stockport.

As my boot is used to lug around a fare number of tool boxes and the like I think that one of your liners could be just what I'm looking for. So if the offer is still open please let me know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just to let you know that we have now scanned the Tiguan.
Many thanks to 0003 SAS for popping in yesterday with the car. Which looked great btw!

It will take us 4-5 weeks to get this one finished (some holidays and other work to finish first) but as soon as its ready I will let you all know!

Many Thanks,
Jake
The Hatchbag Company

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Grubby,

Just had my Hatchbag fitted and if you have a look on the Hatchbag website I believe you can see my Tig fitted with several options. Look under the Tiguan, 2016 onwards version.

With regards to the Grey one that Hatchbag fitted it really does look the business. The reason I went for one is to protect the boot from the array of tool boxes that I have to carry around on a daily basis, and my previous hatchbacks have all suffered from abuse after only a few months on the road.

The quality of the Hatchbag suggests that it should be able to resist the abuse that it's going to be subjected to and at present I would highly recommend the product.

OOO3 SAS

·
Registered
4 Posts
0003 SAS Great news and looks good.

Quality I can vouch for as had one for 4 years in disco 3 and almost unmarked when I took it out and sold it for good money

Will be putting my order in tomorrow

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Everyone,

The Hatchbag Company have kindly offered us a discount as per email below.

Hello Leo,

Thank you for your email and interest in The Hatchbag Company.

We can offer a discount code to members of the Tiguan forum, which will be VWT10. Please feel free to post it in the forum.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Rachel

Rachel Beverley
Customer Service Coordinator
The Hatchbag Company
www.hatchbag.co.uk

Tel: 0151 203 6555
E-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Installed my boot liner today. really nice product that does fit as well as it can. Will keep the boot very clean if you have dirty stuff to lug around or dogs to transport.

A few things:
They do ask you to clean the plastic that the velcro will stick on with Autoglym tar remover solvent, which is probably a good idea if you want the bonding surface really clean but it does cost £6.99 a bottle that you will use only a bit of and will make your car smell of a painter and decorators van :)

The current liner obscures the boot light a little. I have emailed them and they may incorporate a cutout to incorporate in the future but its no big deal for a clean boot.

All in all a good liner that is quality material with decent instructions and good customer service and made in England :)

I would suggest the rear tailgate cover as well. I got the rear set flap to stop drooling dogs :)

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
I had a Hatchbag in my 2013 Audi A4 Avant and although it was a good product it was a pain in the a$$ when there was a requirement to fold down the rear seats.

To clean the liner prior to the placement of the sticky Velcro strips I would advise saving yourself the cost of the Autoglym Tar remover and instead use rubbing alcohol which is readily available to purchase and a common solvent used in "spectacle wipes"!......rubbing alcohol or "Iso", "IPA" or "Isopropanol" when purchased in a liquid form is also a excellent additive for screen wash when diluted with water and a car body wipe prior to applying waxes and sealants ! :idea: ;)

Regarding positioning your Hatchbag where the boot interior light is, it is possible to remove the light and then carefully using a craft knife cut a cross in the hatchbag material where the space is where the light should be, pull the light cable connector through the cut hole, connect and then refit the light, it is a task which is very similar to cutting around light switches when wallpapering!

I have also noticed from your digital photo images that VW are still using "yellow" filament bulbs in the boot space light when every other light in the cabin is LED white! :roll: ......that is a task I will address with the fitment of brighter and whiter LED replacement bulb when my wife's Tiguan arrives.

Can you confirm if the glovebox illumination is white LED or "yellow" filament type lighting?

Dave

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
GTD184 said:
I have also noticed from your digital photo images that VW are still using "yellow" filament bulbs in the boot space light when every other light in the cabin is LED white! :roll: ......that is a task I will address with the fitment of brighter and whiter LED replacement bulb when my wife's Tiguan arrives
I'm glad you mentioned that Dave, as I changed the boot light and sun visor courtesy bulbs on my mk7 golf to led's, and I'm pretty sure I have some left over. All I need to do now is remember where I put them :lol:

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
GTD184 said:
I had a Hatchbag in my 2013 Audi A4 Avant and although it was a good product it was a pain in the a$$ when there was a requirement to fold down the rear seats.

To clean the liner prior to the placement of the sticky Velcro strips I would advise saving yourself the cost of the Autoglym Tar remover and instead use rubbing alcohol which is readily available to purchase and a common solvent used in "spectacle wipes"!......rubbing alcohol or "Iso", "IPA" or "Isopropanol" when purchased in a liquid form is also a excellent additive for screen wash when diluted with water and a car body wipe prior to applying waxes and sealants ! :idea: ;)

Regarding positioning your Hatchbag where the boot interior light is, it is possible to remove the light and then carefully using a craft knife cut a cross in the hatchbag material where the space is where the light should be, pull the light cable connector through the cut hole, connect and then refit the light, it is a task which is very similar to cutting around light switches when wallpapering!

I have also noticed from your digital photo images that VW are still using "yellow" filament bulbs in the boot space light when every other light in the cabin is LED white! :roll: ......that is a task I will address with the fitment of brighter and whiter LED replacement bulb when my wife's Tiguan arrives.

Can you confirm if the glovebox illumination is white LED or "yellow" filament type lighting?

Dave
Hi GTD184...I have just been and looked for you (bearing in mind mine is an SEL) and that the 'glovebox' & boot inside lights are "yellow / off white" filament lights ...BUT on my electric boot lid/door on the lip where the push button for closing it there is a very bright LED light :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Steve

I cannot understand VW's stance with regard to LED interior lighting especially when two thirds is LED and then they throw in a sprinkling of filament bulbs just to annoy the owner! :roll:

What must VW's R&D project engineers be thinking? We are talking pennies in cost!

I too did the glovebox, sun visors and boot in my Mk7, the sun visors which were updated to LED by VW shortly after I took delivery.

Have you noticed if the glovebox has LED lighting on the Tig? Although I'm guessing most probably not! :roll:

I think the Tiguan boot space is in urgent need of some additional lighting to the standard filament effort, but it is an easy enough task to install an LED replacement.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
GTD184 ...ref lighting see above on your earlier post and I have put some info on for you mate :) :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Cheers Stumpy ;)

As I guessed then! :roll: I am at a loss as to why VW mix LED with Yellow filament lights! :(

I saw a demo Tiguan with the optional 240v socket and additional boot space lighting, the latter which was a silly little LED torch in a holder which doubled up as a boot light. :roll:

Given that the Tiguan is a family load lugger I am surprised and disappointed at the standard lighting arrangement for the boot space. It's no big deal though as I will change the wife's to LED when it arrives which should result in an improvement over the standard item, likewise the glovebox!

My A4 Avant had 2 LED lights in the boot and 2 actually in the tailgate which was part of the interior light pack which also gave active reflectors and puddle lights in the doors and footwell lighting which was a worthy factory option for £170.00 and something VW should consider adding to the options list maybe?!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
GTD184 said:
Cheers Stumpy ;)

As I guessed then! :roll: I am at a loss as to why VW mix LED with Yellow filament lights! :(

I saw a demo Tiguan with the optional 240v socket and additional boot space lighting, the latter which was a silly little LED torch in a holder which doubled up as a boot light. :roll:

Given that the Tiguan is a family load lugger I am surprised and disappointed at the standard lighting arrangement for the boot space. It's no big deal though as I will change the wife's to LED when it arrives which should result in an improvement over the standard item, likewise the glovebox!

My A4 Avant had 2 LED lights in the boot and 2 actually in the tailgate which was part of the interior light pack which also gave active reflectors and puddle lights in the doors and footwell lighting which was a worthy factory option for £170.00 and something VW should consider adding to the options list maybe?!
In my SEL it has 'Ambient' lighting strips along the sunroof, top of the doors & bottom, Sills, Footwell lights both Driver & passenger, & also 'puddle' lights on the door mirrors GTD184 standard :) :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.