Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I expect you are all getting fed up of me by now getting the odd snipe in here and there about you all getting your tiguans before me, especially those built after mine LOL but I hope you all realise it is all in jest...just my impatience kicking in.

Well after my car was built on the 20th April (earlier than scheduled) and then reaching Emden on the 25th April, I was told it would be making its way to Sheerness shortly and I honestly thought I would have had the car by now...but no "At Emden", "At Emden", "go away ask on Monday, its still at Emden" were the comments I was receiving.

Watching ship after ship (well ok usually the same two - especially the Makassar Highway), leaving for Sheerness - every few days and watching about 8 ships in the last two and half weeks I was still told it was "At Emden", even with the dealer phoning the shipping company the other day....

UNTIL NOW...

All this watching Sheerness ships, it was only inevitable to be told today that my Timmy (the wife named it not me), yes Timmy the Tiguan, is on a ship and heading for the UK as we speak.

TO GRIMSBY....

So, hopefully that will mean an update over the weekend - but then I guess the fun begins - waiting to see how long my dealer takes to realise that whilst it will then say In the UK, he now needs to get it from Grimsby...not Sheerness..

LOL - I will let you all know of any more developments soon...

Its like a thriller isn't it...

"Will we ever see the elusive Urano Grey Tig?"
"Will Timmy make it in one piece"
"Was Timmy in hiding"...

Find out - on bloody Monday as I have taken the hint not to disturb online chat until then...

:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,654 Posts
Not long now for "Timmy the Tardy Tiguan". :lol:

Steve

·
Registered
485 Posts
Have seen a couple of ships over the last month or so go from Grimsby to either Sheerness or Tyne before going back to Emden.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The Neckar Highway left from Emden for Grimsby this afternoon - should be some happy Tig owners soon :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the pics of 'Timmy' Andy :) :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm looking forward to seeing Timmy LOL...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Like an expectant father... :)

Bring on the C Section.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found it. First pictures coming through of Timmys whereabouts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL. I know what you mean but I have to say with the spelling error, it's even funnier

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Excitement level +1 (and I don't mean early Saturday morning fraternising).

App just updated...10 days...

Best get this Vectra to Evans Halshaw and see what I can sting em for...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Is that what they mean by "Compact SUV".

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dealer has just confirmed the car is in the UK and he is now doing the paperwork and will be in touch soon.

No tracker update yet though to that effect.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Bhuna said:
Dealer has just confirmed the car is in the UK and he is now doing the paperwork and will be in touch soon.

I bet they said that to shut you up and have a day of peace:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
485 Posts
Bhuna said:

So, next week then???? :D

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LOL. Believe me when I say that that did cross my mind.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.