Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

The wait begins

7K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  tonymar 
#1 ·
I placed my order on Sunday but have been back today and had a change of plan. I have ordered a Mk 2 sel 180 in orange. I am sure it will be a "marmite" colour choice. I have got a provisional build date of week 6 and am hoping for March registration. I hope I don't regret the colour choice but it should be easier to keep clean than the current black

Discussion starter · #4 ·
I did see the dealers cars in orange and Caribbean blue today and it was a tough call. I do like the idea that it will look clean for longer than 5 minutes like the black I have now. It is going to be a long wait and I hope I still like the colour when it arrives

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Strange things are happening ! I have just got an update on the tracker. Build week confirmed for week commencing 21/11/16. I thought they were all going backwards, not forwards.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
We had already moved to a petrol when we got the current golf. The majority of our driving is short runs so a dpf is going to be a problem. Paying a premium for a more economical engine is a waste of money if you need to take it for a long run just to clear the filter. I am also at that age when an auto is looking attractive as well. If I am honest I would have liked the memory seats due to a difference in seating positions between the two of us but it was a lot to spend. Looks like I might get it in time for new year now rather than March

Discussion starter · #15 ·
Well the wait hasn't been as long as expected so far. The dealer has just rung and the car is now in the country. Depending on the transporter and workshop Christmas working I should be looking at collection early in the new year. I really hope I like the colour, it seems a long time ago now that I chose it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.