Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

The wait begins

7K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  tonymar 
#1 ·
I placed my order on Sunday but have been back today and had a change of plan. I have ordered a Mk 2 sel 180 in orange. I am sure it will be a "marmite" colour choice. I have got a provisional build date of week 6 and am hoping for March registration. I hope I don't regret the colour choice but it should be easier to keep clean than the current black

#2 ·
Welcome IW500 to the forum..... This will be one to look out for, looking forward to you posting pics in March as all colours I've seen posted on the gallery look so much better than looking at the colours on the configuator. :)

#3 ·
IW500 said:
I have ordered a Mk 2 sel 180 in orange. I am sure it will be a "marmite" colour choice.
Hi IW500 Welcome to the forum! ;)

You are one brave man ordering orange and if I am correct I think your Tiguan will be unique in so much that it will be the first orange Tiguan on the forum.

Like you commented it will be a 'marmite' colour but I think that you will be pleasantly surprised when it does arrive that it will be visually better in the 'flesh' than you think!

BTW Stumpy you need to update your signature line to include your 'freebie' DCC!........or is it still top secret?! :lol: :lol:

#4 ·
I did see the dealers cars in orange and Caribbean blue today and it was a tough call. I do like the idea that it will look clean for longer than 5 minutes like the black I have now. It is going to be a long wait and I hope I still like the colour when it arrives

#5 ·
GTD184 said:
IW500 said:
I have ordered a Mk 2 sel 180 in orange. I am sure it will be a "marmite" colour choice.
Hi IW500 Welcome to the forum! ;)

You are one brave man ordering orange and if I am correct I think your Tiguan will be unique in so much that it will be the first orange Tiguan on the forum.

Like you commented it will be a 'marmite' colour but I think that you will be pleasantly surprised when it does arrive that it will be visually better in the 'flesh' than you think!

BTW Stumpy you need to update your signature line to include your 'freebie' DCC!........or is it still top secret?! :lol: :lol:
haha :lol: :lol: Only for those in the know GTD184 ;) ;) :idea: :idea:

#6 ·
Thats a nice colour choice IW500, cant wait to see when you post the pictures. I wanted to get something different and go for Nutmeg, Caribbean Blue or Habanero Orange but got out voted and settled for the black (it was the only demo colour as well). I notice the configurator mentions that it is a special colour and you pay more for the privilege. Do you know why? Also, what interior did you get?

#7 ·
IW500 said:
I did see the dealers cars in orange and Caribbean blue today and it was a tough call. I do like the idea that it will look clean for longer than 5 minutes like the black I have now. It is going to be a long wait and I hope I still like the colour when it arrives
Think you are brave for going for such a bright colour but not having actually seen it apart from the configurator I can't say .
I love my carribean blue and know I did the right thing by going for it as it's far better in real life than on the vw site .
Brighter colours suit the Tiguan ,more than the bland white,grey ,silver etc but that's only "my "opinion ,not wanting to upset all the guys on here who have gone for these .
It's your car and if you like it then it's fine by me .

#10 ·
Strange things are happening ! I have just got an update on the tracker. Build week confirmed for week commencing 21/11/16. I thought they were all going backwards, not forwards.

#11 ·
IW500 said:
Strange things are happening ! I have just got an update on the tracker. Build week confirmed for week commencing 21/11/16. I thought they were all going backwards, not forwards.
Srsly, why is everyone getting their cars so fast!! :(
I've waited since 20th of June for my R-Line...

#12 ·
Like you I ordered petrol. Would be interested to know why you did.

#13 ·
We had already moved to a petrol when we got the current golf. The majority of our driving is short runs so a dpf is going to be a problem. Paying a premium for a more economical engine is a waste of money if you need to take it for a long run just to clear the filter. I am also at that age when an auto is looking attractive as well. If I am honest I would have liked the memory seats due to a difference in seating positions between the two of us but it was a lot to spend. Looks like I might get it in time for new year now rather than March

#14 ·
Thanks for that. I used to go on the motorway to get to our local shop just to keep dpf happy in my Q5 Tdi. Only do 4000 miles a year hence my switch to petrol.

#15 ·
Well the wait hasn't been as long as expected so far. The dealer has just rung and the car is now in the country. Depending on the transporter and workshop Christmas working I should be looking at collection early in the new year. I really hope I like the colour, it seems a long time ago now that I chose it.

#16 ·
i might of gone for that colour if they did it for the R line , i seen a seat ateca in like a burnt orange it looked very good , and you dont see a lot about , i bought a viper green scirocco when they first came out and never regretted the colour choice , but i think the white goes with the chrome and looks good on the R line tiguan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.