Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally picked up my new R line Monday. Added paint protection today.

Process involved washing, Spraying the body work with Auto Finesse iron out, washing, Wiping the bodywork with a Clay mitt, Application of Auto Finesse Tough Prep and 1 application of Auto Finesse Tough coat. Unfortunately it started to rain before I could apply a second coat of Tough coat.

Fitted Rim savers to the alloys and the Hatchbag boot liner. By the time I finished it was dark. I'll take some more photos tomorrow if the car is still clean :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Looks :cool: Ed1, thanks for the pics...'enjoy' :D :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Stumpy worth the wait. For some reason the top 3 photos uploaded upside down. Deleted them and tried it again but same result.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Ed1 said:
Thanks Stumpy worth the wait. For some reason the top 3 photos uploaded upside down. Deleted them and tried it again but same result.
:lol: :lol: I Know..... My wife thought I had lost the plot when I did a handstand at my age :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi Ed,
Great looking car, now time to learn all that tech stuff on board ;)

Ed1 said:
Fitted Rim savers to the alloys
Any more details on that. I always thought these 20" R-Line alloys are scratch magnets...

·
Registered
34 Posts
These nee Tigs are so grown up and look great, good job and enjoy

·
Registered
610 Posts
Which rim savers have you used were they easy to fit and being rude sorry cost, thinking of doing the same and I noticed you can't really see the ones you have fitted :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. Rim Savers is a new product which is part of the Rimblades company. The kit includes:

4 x RimSavers rim protectors
4 x RimSavers wheel cleaning wipes
4 x RimSavers adhesion promoter pens
4 x colour coded joining clips
1 x Tube of adhesive for clips.

The rim protectors have 3M tape on the back which is used to fix them to the wheels.A joining clip is super glued on to cover the joint. I found them pretty easy to fix to the wheels. The link is http://rimsavers.com/ Which has a video showing how to fit them.You also can get them professionally. I like the fact they are not very noticeable.

They seem pretty secure on the wheels at the moment but time will tell if they last :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FTT said:
Which rim savers have you used were they easy to fit and being rude sorry cost, thinking of doing the same and I noticed you can't really see the ones you have fitted :D
Forgot to say they cost £44.99 .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Ed1, great looking car :D
where did you get the boot liner from? as that's perfect for having a dog with the fold out piece to go over the bumper
thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
looks the biz Ed. Getting excited about ours now (due to be built next week). Will have a good look at those rim protectors too....they do look shiny and vulnerable, especially if you live in the smoke with lots of kerbs!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DANTIGR said:
Hi Ed1, great looking car :D
where did you get the boot liner from? as that's perfect for having a dog with the fold out piece to go over the bumper
thanks
Thanks Dantigr,

Got the boot liner from The Hatchbag company. Members of the forum get a discount by using the discount code VWT10. The Hatchbag company have previously posted info on the Forum.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AdW said:
looks the biz Ed. Getting excited about ours now (due to be built next week). Will have a good look at those rim protectors too....they do look shiny and vulnerable, especially if you live in the smoke with lots of kerbs!
Thanks AdW,

It won't be long now before you have yours. Exciting times!

Yes it's Kerb city where I live! I believe diamond cut wheels can only be repaired twice so wheel protectors are a must for when the Wife is driving :lol:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very nice, might have to look into these rim protection mods, will defo save me as the wife will be driving mostly lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts