Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on a trip today to see a relative. 240 mile round trip. About 2 miles from my house the Front Assist warning came up on the screen between the speedo and rev counter. Nothing in front unless bird flew in front of the car !! All OK after that. Stopped at a supermarket, media system hung on restarting car. Cleared by holding the power button in for about 15 seconds. On the way back, about halfway, the the tyre pressure monitor indicated a pressure loss. Stopped the car all looked OK. Drove home and checked the tyre pressures, all OK. Only thing I did before leaving for the trip was reduce the pressures of a couple of the tyres from 40 to 38.

Not getting a good feeling about this car. Previous car was a Golf Cabrio. Had it for 4 years never missed a beat.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Not sure about the Tig but I know in some cars that monitor tyre pressure, when you change the tyre pressure either up or down, you usually have to "tell the system" that's what you have done so that it knows then. Assume the system was set to know you were at 40 previously...but all of a sudden its thinking...hold on 38 - best warn??

Just a thought as not sure if its the same on the Tig.

As for the other faults, the radio one is a known one isn't it - as per other thread - Front assist - bet you squashed a fly on the front windscreen :) :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine has 3 tyre pressure settings: Comfort, Normal, Fully Loaded. The Fully Loaded setting requires a tyre pressure around 45PSI. Given I'm normally running at 38 PSI. I use it in Normal or Comfort with no problems. Strangely and randomly, the car will set itself to Fully Loaded for no reason and then give me a low tyre pressure warning. I hit the CAR button and get taken directly to the tyre pressure setting menu. I change it back to normal or loaded and it's fine again for a while

·
Registered
953 Posts
rockman2 said:
Went on a trip today to see a relative. 240 mile round trip. About 2 miles from my house the Front Assist warning came up on the screen between the speedo and rev counter. Nothing in front unless bird flew in front of the car !! All OK after that. Stopped at a supermarket, media system hung on restarting car. Cleared by holding the power button in for about 15 seconds. On the way back, about halfway, the the tyre pressure monitor indicated a pressure loss. Stopped the car all looked OK. Drove home and checked the tyre pressures, all OK. Only thing I did before leaving for the trip was reduce the pressures of a couple of the tyres from 40 to 38.

Not getting a good feeling about this car. Previous car was a Golf Cabrio. Had it for 4 years never missed a beat.
Take your tiggy back to the garage for the front assist, I had this a few weeks ago and the garage said it was dirty VW badge on the inside?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that. Going to see if any other problems arise then will take it in with a list. Was there not a replacement front badge that was supposed to fix some of the issues ?

Also could you tell me what the differences between the early, medium or late setting is in the front assist. I would assume that late would let you get closer to the cars nearby before triggering and should give you fewer errors. (false calls).

Plus if you look in the manual there are so many things that can cause it to not work as expected. including cars too close, motor bikes, cars coming towards you, metal plates on the road,etc. (Page 291 of online manual) Wonder what we did before this!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts