Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having read this forum for a few months and made use of the information to aid in my Tiguan decision, I decided to join as I have a few questions which are hopefully simple enough to answer without taking a trip to the dealer.

Discover pro

When the map is displayed on the 8" touch screen, it doesn't seem to track your position in the same way as the one on the Active Info Display. Is there any way to fix this in settings?

I've copied the November map update to an NTFS formatted SD card (Class 10 SDHC) but the system either says there's and update available but won't read the card or gives an "unable to read card" error. If you've successfully done the update, how did you do it? My sourch computer is a mac which I think might be the problem.

Carplay

This one is a bit more maddening. I have an iphone 6S+ which connects first time but then refuses to connect subsequently. When I go into App Connect the phone is there and the car play button is there to press but nothing happens. When I try a new cable (I fortunately have several), it always works first time but then it fails every time after that. Do you know where the setting to "Make Carplay work" is?

I don't think these are faults, just poorly documented features on a new model. I worked out the technique to get a seemingly intermittent easy open boot to work every time and I think this is the same problem.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discover Pro position tracking - touch button on top rhs of screen.
Tracking or fixed position toggles with one touch.

Sorry I cannot help with your other queries.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a bit further. I found a FAT formatted Sandisk USB stick which mercifully, the mac could write to and the maps updated with little pain. I don't think you'll have any trouble achieving this if you have a Windows machine, but if you do, maybe try USB first and SD second.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Further to this, CarPlay now works reliably (ish) aswell. Using the official apple cable seems to have sorted things out. Interestingly, it seemed more reliable after I had done the map update which makes no sense at all.

My only problem now is that the Spotify app seems a bit nerfed so I have to add albums to my library on another device first as search is disabled in the CarPlay version of the app. Additionally, it won't play a few things. This probably is a problem with spotify rather than the Tiguan. Downcast works flawlessly at least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts