Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I became aware that my throttle pedal didn't seem as responsive. When putting the pedal down it seemed to stop at a certain point (not the floor) and when applying more pressure it felt like it unstuck/clicked and then went further.

Has anyone else experienced this? The car has only done 2300 miles.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matchbox said:
Could it be the the carpet mat? Have had that on other cars.
I've also had that before when I've bought cheap fitting mats so checked this straight away but the mats are perfectly fitted and the issues seems to be within the pedal. I will see how it is tonight and if still the same feel I will have it back in with the stealer!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Is the throttle on the TIggy fly-by-wire or a traditional Bowden cable?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I've rung the dealer and they could get me in tomorrow but no loan car, not accepting this as it's not my fault it's got an issue. Therefore I've booked in for Tuesday when they can supply me with one and hey advised me to call VW assist who will come out and repair if possible, or if deemed to be unsafe they will arrange courtesy car for 48hrs alternatively they will advise ok to drive until Tuesday. Win win really either way

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update..... after having the car for a day it has been found that apparently all new Tiguan's along with other new chassis model VW's have this "feature". It is apparently a restrictive sensor that holds back a percentage of throttle to refrain for being fully open, this way if you need more power there is some available. Find it a bit weird but after trying the throttle on models in showroom I found others do have it also.

I've not noticed it before so I clearly haven't been apply full throttle in the two months of having the car

·
Registered
485 Posts
I reckon I might find this "feature" on day one :D

Thanks for the information - handy to know.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
This sounds just like the "kick down" you have on automatics, including the DSG. normal driving you rarely need more than half throttle, when overtaking you push past a slight resistance and you get extra wellie, and a change down.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Haven't looked in the Tig but my dad's old Merc from the 90's had a button on the floor under the accelerator. You'd push the pedal down, then press it down further so the pedal pushed the button in. This told the car you wanted to go as fast as possible. Feels like something similar in the Tig

1 - 11 of 11 Posts