Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! Just getting used to my new tig-so different from my mk 1 facelift. Can't help noticing the different engine noises-a bit annoying in some ways. I am quite deaf and my hearing aids amplify all car noises so it could just be me but keep hearing this howling type noise from the engine. Is it
the turbo or what? There is also a raucous sound if I accelerate sharply.Has anyone else commented on noises or is it just me? My wife can't hear an ything different.Comments gratefully received. Don't like to think there is something wrong! David.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think we would need some proper information to comment!
Which engine TDI or TSI
If TDI what power 150 or 190
2WD or 4 Motion

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Dave fom another Dave who also wears hearing aids !!

Had my 150 DSG for 7 months and 10k miles. Previous cars BMW X1 and X3.
Must say that the Tiguan [ through my aids] is the quietest car I have owned and one of the reasons for changing.
Allthough I do understand how difficult it can be sometimes for us hearing aid users with the constant battle of background noise be it at home, restaurant, or just driving in the car.
Hope this is of some help and reassurance.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I don't have a hearing aid, but I think I know what you mean, there is some kind of audible whiring/hollow noise, more noticeable at other times. Noticed it straight away when I picked it up. Engine/drive train wise the new X1 is definitely quieter, or perhaps subjectively quieter with different tonal sounds. In either case the Tiguan gets a bit noisier than expect when pressed IMO.

Dave56, are you reckoning your mk1 was quieter?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there.Thanks for the replies. The mk2 engine at idle is definitely quieter but when pressed hard I find it a bit raucous. Only time will tell-early days yet. Maybe I should calm down and get used to it. Great for towing my caravan but not significantly better than my previous mk 1 140. It is lighter I believe and 10 bhp more. David.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts