Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
I use a similar product called Showroom Shine, which gives excellent results. However I would never use any waterless cleaner/polisher on a dirty car. I always make sure the car has been washed and dried thoroughly first.
I just don't trust any cleaners of this type not to scratch a dirty car.

Having said that, used this way, I agree these products can be very good indeed.

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hi Prawn82....If using the Hydropel, can you use it on the vinyl/plastic front, back & sides without it going whitish like some do 'Prawn82' :?: :?:

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nice! I use Smartpolish Waterless too. Haven't used Hydropel yet but have some on order.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stumpy,

You can use it everywhere. Even Alloys and it pritects them. Keeps your car cleaner too. Lasts 4 - 6 months. The beading is amazing (living in Glasgow we get a fair bit of rain to test...)
Steve, i know what uour saying, but honestly im obsessed with my car and it aint got one scratch or swirl mark using this without washing first. Would only use this stuff in this way. Dont trust anything else.
Statto1927,

Like i said a detailer thought it was ceramic coated. Its like glass andptotection is superb. You wont be dissapointed.

Cheers
Sean.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Prawn82 said:
Stumpy,

You can use it everywhere. Even Alloys and it pritects them. Keeps your car cleaner too. Lasts 4 - 6 months. The beading is amazing (living in Glasgow we get a fair bit of rain to test...)
Steve, i know what uour saying, but honestly im obsessed with my car and it aint got one scratch or swirl mark using this without washing first. Would only use this stuff in this way. Dont trust anything else.
Statto1927,

Like i said a detailer thought it was ceramic coated. Its like glass andptotection is superb. You wont be dissapointed.

Cheers
Sean.
Thanks Prawn82 I'm going to give it a try ;) :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I can second what Prawn82 says about this stuff...I'm converted to it...bloody brilliant stuff !!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JRSTIGSEL,

I know you use the wash/wax but buy the hydropel. Honestly your caris like glass after it and you only apply every 4 months. Put it on your alloys snd the dirt doesnt cling to them.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Does anyone know if there's anywhere, other than the Smartpolish site, that sell Hydropel?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Breezer said:
Does anyone know if there's anywhere, other than the Smartpolish site, that sell Hydropel?
Breezer,

You can only purchase direct from these guys.
They do a good loyalty scheme if you sign up which means a bit if cash back.

Cheers
Sean

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
grabson79 said:
Can you use this stuff to clean windows as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grabson79,

You can use it on every surface. Even Alloys. I put it on my window and you can see the finish. As long as its clean first. Note the hydropel is not a cleaner but a sealent/protectove coating. Using the waterless wash and wax from these guys gives it a really good wax (they only use the best carnauba wax) i almost got my car cermic coated. Have this a go and when I popped into see a detailer he said He thought it was cermaic coated and amazed at the stuff. Saving anout £900 granted I need to reapply every 4 - 6 months but takes about 20mins to do and so easy. Toolk close pics to show.

Cheers
Sean

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:lol: Ps. Excuse the typing using my phone and i always strike the wrong keys.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi Prawn

Do you use it on the windscreen as well?

Reason I ask is that I've had poor experience with RainX, and I did once wax my windscreen when I was young and didn't know better (ended up "accidentally" breaking my windscreen it was so bad) :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can use it on your windscreen. 100% the water beads amazing on it. Its not a paste wax its a liquid wax, Applied using a microfibre cloths. They also supply these.

Honestly i cant reccomend highly enough. I love the stuff. Spend a fortune with them.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Prawn82 said:
You can use it on your windscreen. 100% the water beads amazing on it. Its not a paste wax its a liquid wax, Applied using a microfibre cloths. They also supply these.

Honestly i cant reccomend highly enough. I love the stuff. Spend a fortune with them.
Thanks! Hope you're on commission :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Car looks really nice @Prawn82 I like the look of the clean rear with just the R-Line badge was thinking about that for ours. Tints look sweet as well, very nice!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Breezer said:
Prawn82 said:

Thanks! Hope you're on commission :D
Should be ha ha. Just enjoy caring for my Tig and like to pass on tips.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RobMJ said:
Car looks really nice @Prawn82 I like the look of the clean rear with just the R-Line badge was thinking about that for ours. Tints look sweet as well, very nice!
Cheers man

·
Registered
485 Posts
If ordering Hydropel (or anything else from Smart Polish), use Promo Code SMART10 to get 10% off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts