Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Would like to hear how that performs once done. Like Gtechniq products but haven't had their coats done before - you can self do these yourself too (which I'm considering on deliver day next month.
That colours is going to pop and sparkle with those coatings on me thinks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have had Gtechniq coatings on my last 2 cars, applied by a detailer each time. Whilst you can apply these yourself it is all about the preparation work on the paintwork before you apply it. If you have let the dealer clean and prep the paintwork I would not bother as all you are sealing in are their scratches. It takes an experienced detailer at least a full day working on the car to get the above results.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dont know where you are based but mind me asking where you got this done? - looking at getting mine done also. Im in lancs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I live in Cambridge and had it done here. Gtechniq website will give u your nearest detailer. I am very impressed with the result and should last about 5 years.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm going to get this done too. Only trouble is trying to get to the workshop which is on the outskirts of the city with very little transport links!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks great Pestos, I also had mine detailed next day after delivery, told dealer not to touch it. Was carried out by Ride Revive of Grantham, first time I had used them and Neil the owner did an excellent job, he admits he is very anal about his work and it showed, would highly recommend him. I didn't get the Gtechniq treatment as I don't keep my cars long enough to justify cost, however it was sealed using Britemax Extreme Elements which has a high gloss finish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts